Thread: Lsu-auburn

vCash

Lsu-auburn

3-0 lsu b1

Not what I wanted to see

vCash
    Why the hell is Auburn throwing this clown game 1? Aren't Mize and the guy we beat their studs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Why the hell is Auburn throwing this clown game 1? Aren't Mize and the guy we beat their studs?
    From auburntigers.com:

Auburn will feature a new starting rotation this weekend, as junior left-hander Andrew Mitchell will start Thursday in game one of the series. Co-aces Keegan Thompson and Casey Mize will be on the mound Friday and Saturday, respectively. Mitchell will start in place of freshman Davis Daniel, who will work out of the bullpen this weekend.

"Thompson and Mize, they get to pitch four more games, two starts apiece," Butch Thompson said. "You want your best players to play great when you get to this point in the season."

It will be a return home for Mitchell, a New Orleans native who began his college career at LSU before transferring to a junior college.

"In some way he'll be able to look back after this is over and that will be a special night," Thompson said. "I did see where a lot of his family is coming to be with him. It's really not, 'Hey, start Andrew because you're going to LSU.' It's really because that's our next starter up. It's kind of neat to work out that way but he just needs to focus on making pitches and getting us off to a good start."

vCash
    Lsu is up 3-0 in the 2nd inning and just bunted 1 runner to 2nd base with their #2 hitter with 1 out. Wow... college baseball can be really bad at times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Might work out well. AU's Friday & Saturday guys are, "Co-Aces", so they'll have their Friday ace going against Poche Saturday, and their Saturday ace going against LSU's Sunday guy.

I believe Poche has been up & down a lot this year with his performances, so this might be the best path for AU taking 2, unless Poche is on tomorrow.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    ****ing stupid by Butch. Welcome to the big time. They better win the next 2 but they won't. Gonna get swept.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lsu is up 3-0 in the 2nd inning and just bunted 1 runner to 2nd base with their #2 hitter with 1 out. Wow... college baseball can be really bad at times
    He was bunting for a hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    He was bunting for a hit.
    Thank God. I just turned the channel back in time to see it. Thanks for clarifying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    ****ing stupid by Butch. Welcome to the big time. They better win the next 2 but they won't. Gonna get swept.
    I agree. But as it turned out it was a good move. Unless auburn was going to win zero to negative 1

vCash
    Auburn is crashing and burning down the stretch

vCash
    I said 2 weeks ago I thought Auburn was thes team in the west, obviously they are not nor are they ready for prime time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Auburn is crashing and burning down the stretch
    Spectacularly at that. I think what Butch did with his rotation might be the best thing to get them back on track even though it cost them one game tonight. Mize has been hurt and I think he wants to give him as much rest as possible. And next week if he keeps the rotation the same he will have his ace going up against Rolison who has been Ole Miss's best pitcher and I think the guy that they pitched tonight will give them a good chance against Ole Miss's Friday night guy.

vCash
    We just need Auburn to take at least 1 of the next 2, and that's just fine for us.