Thread: Thought this was interesting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Don't buy it one bit. He got exposed after Cam left, got told to leave and paid to keep his mouth shut, now he CAN AFFORD to go home and be a "family man". "I made my millions so now I can go home and walk the walk." come on man! I expect similar from Hugh Freeze after he gets sent away. "I made the decision to walk away and focus on what's truly important, love, blah, blah, blah, family, blah, blah, blah, monitoring my retirement portfolio, blah, blah blah...."

Senior Member ScreenCaptureThis's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    Don't buy it one bit. He got exposed after Cam left, got told to leave and paid to keep his mouth shut, now he CAN AFFORD to go home and be a "family man". "I made my millions so now I can go home and walk the walk." come on man! I expect similar from Hugh Freeze after he gets sent away. "I made the decision to walk away and focus on what's truly important, love, blah, blah, blah, family, blah, blah, blah, monitoring my retirement portfolio, blah, blah blah...."
    I get that sentiment, but I don't see it. He was pretty successful with North Carolina's defense, and really didn't have any job security issues. There was really no football-related reason to leave UNC, and he was raking in $750K/yr as an assistant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenCaptureThis View Post
    I get that sentiment, but I don't see it. He was pretty successful with North Carolina's defense, and really didn't have any job security issues. There was really no football-related reason to leave UNC, and he was raking in $750K/yr as an assistant.
    There was no football related reason to leave, but he's quitting after his daughters are in college. It just looks like retirement to me. He got paid a ton to look the other way at Auburn and then got to come back and prove he is a good coordinator to take some of the sting off of how things ended at Auburn. I mean good for him, but it's not like he gave much of his career up. He wasn't likely getting another power 5 job after his performance at Iowa and Auburn, so it was just keep being a well paid coordinator or try for a head coaching job at a non-power 5 school, or actually enjoy the good life.

Good for him for having perspective and enjoying his money, but it isn't really evidence of him being a family man.