Thread: Spring League article

vCash

Spring League article

The Spring League - an unofficial "developmental" league for the NFL.
    Good article entitled "In the Shadow of Dak" - featuring JRob, with appearnces by Boobie, and Quinten Saulsberry.
    I normally would ignore Bleacher Report on principle - but it is an interesting read -
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...f-last-chances

My hot take after reading - JRob hasn't matured one bit.

vCash
    Same Robinson that was yelling at Dan to get another carry when we were in victory formation. Hopefully he figures it out because he isn't there yet.

vCash
    He ran a 4.7 at the combine a few years back. Don't think he's become a better athlete since then.

Doubt he ever makes a roster.

vCash
    Jeez that's depressing.

vCash
    And folks wonder why he didn't see the field sooner. Robinson is selfish and immature

vCash
    Its kinda crazy that 3 of the highlighted athletes are Hail State Alumni.

Why is boobie not on a roster? He brings a great energy to a team, and its a big bruising back for goal line packages. I dont know why he is unemployed.

Really sad to see Jrob like that. Great potential, and coming where he came from, you want to root for him with everything. But he is acting like Dan is the reason he did not succeed, where he actually was given every chance and this whole fan base was behind him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And folks wonder why he didn't see the field sooner. Robinson is selfish and immature
    He's still done pretty well considering where he came from. But to be 24 and not filter out complaining about the lack of carries, after skipping your senior year, and after making an NFL roster, is cringe worthy. So is the statement about making it in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He's still done pretty well considering where he came from. But to be 24 and not filter out complaining about the lack of carries, after skipping your senior year, and after making an NFL roster, is cringe worthy. So is the statement about making it in baseball.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    He ran a 4.7 at the combine a few years back. Don't think he's become a better athlete since then.

Doubt he ever makes a roster.
    You can be a heck of an athlete and not have blazing speed... I am guessing Jerry Rice wasn't a good athlete either** JRobs first 5-10 yds and lateral movement were extremely impressive combined with pretty decent vision and some pop. IMO if he wasn't so immature he could have stuck on with a team. Not saying he would have been a 1st ballot HOFer, but I think he had the tools to be an average NFL back, problem was and has always been his ego, all about me mentality. He could have stuck around like Dixon was able to if he had been a team first, do anything type of guy. He wasn't a D. WIlson that was just too raw in every facet of the game along with an awful 40.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    You can be a heck of an athlete and not have blazing speed... I am guessing Jerry Rice wasn't a good athlete either** JRobs first 5-10 yds and lateral movement were extremely impressive combined with pretty decent vision and some pop. IMO if he wasn't so immature he could have stuck on with a team. Not saying he would have been a 1st ballot HOFer, but I think he had the tools to be an average NFL back, problem was and has always been his ego, all about me mentality. He could have stuck around like Dixon was able to if he had been a team first, do anything type of guy. He wasn't a D. WIlson that was just too raw in every facet of the game along with an awful 40.
    I think JRob could have stuck around a little longer, but I'm not sure he underachieved by much. Average backs don't have a long shelf life, and I think he was probably looking at a 3-4 year career regardless. Not sure he could have extended it with special teams the way boobie did because I'm not sure his build really works for that.

vCash
    If we are not going to let former players park their Beamers on our track I don't know why we even try to have a football program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Same Robinson that was yelling at Dan to get another carry when we were in victory formation. Hopefully he figures it out because he isn't there yet.
    Don't recall him yelling...rather sheepishly begging. TBH, I thought Dan should have given him that carry, as I believe it was to set a record, or exceed a certain yardage. It just seemed to me as if Dan wasn't fully aware of the milestone JRob was within a yard or two of attaining.

All that said, JRob's subsequent parking on our track, then bitching publicly with unfounded accusations when he got what one would expect a guy would get for parking on our track was total immature, me-first, it's-never-my-fault BS. And by attacking our school he alienated a ton of our fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Don't recall him yelling...rather sheepishly begging. TBH, I thought Dan should have given him that carry, as I believe it was to set a record, or exceed a certain yardage. It just seemed to me as if Dan wasn't fully aware of the milestone JRob was within a yard or two of attaining.

All that said, JRob's subsequent parking on our track, then bitching publicly with unfounded accusations when he got what one would expect a guy would get for parking on our track was total immature, me-first, it's-never-my-fault BS. And by attacking our school he alienated a ton of our fans.
    Bonner tried to stir the pot on this after that game.

Josh Robinson saw his stats flash on the video board at Commonwealth Stadium. Mississippi State lined up in the victory formation with one minute, 22 seconds remaining. Its 45-31 victory had been decided.

But some unfinished business remained for Robinson. He needed two yards to achieve his first 200-yard game. He let the sideline know about it.

"Man, give me the ball. I was about to tell Dak (Prescott) to get from under center and I was going to snap the ball," Robinson said. "And I was going to take it two yards."

MSU coach Dan Mullen turned down Robinson's proposition.

"Well you should have gotten the two yards earlier in the game. You had 59 minutes to get that done," Mullen told his running back.