Thread: RPI watch ...back up to 13 after last nights games.

vCash

RPI watch ...back up to 13 after last nights games.

Nm

vCash
    Yep lucky 13. Isn't that the bubble number for national seed?

vCash
    Think we had 17 rpi last year and got natty seed

vCash
    We win the SEC and maybe 1 or 2 in the SEC tourney and we should be a national seed. Everything over 30 wins is gravy to me. This is the craziest season I think I have ever seen. We have probably the smallest roster in Division 1 baseball.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Think we had 17 rpi last year and got natty seed
    We were 11th at selection time, but got the #5 national seed. So we are well within striking distance of at least getting the #8 if we get a share of the SEC title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    We were 11th at selection time, but got the #5 national seed. So we are well within striking distance of at least getting the #8 if we get a share of the SEC title.
    Ah ok. I was thinking 17 for some reason

vCash
    One thing in our favor I think is the fact that there are several ACC teams ahead of us. You never know what the committee will do but I don't think they will give out 4-5 National Seeds to one conference.

vCash
    Oregon lost to 272 Portland last night.

I hope we never schedule a PAC12 series again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Oregon lost to 272 Portland last night.

I hope we never schedule a PAC12 series again.
    Yeah, I think thats why we will go with Big 12 heavy schedules from here on out, especially next year.

vCash
    We need to go 4-2 to finish the SEC. That gives us 20 SEC wins and a damn good shot at a national seed. At the very least we should get a favorable regional. We likely dont help ourselves much in the SEC Tourney due to our lack of arms

Would be an outstanding accomplishment for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    We need to go 4-2 to finish the SEC. That gives us 20 SEC wins and a damn good shot at a national seed. At the very least we should get a favorable regional. We likely dont help ourselves much in the SEC Tourney due to our lack of arms

If we win sec, I'd likely just give pilk 4 innings in a start, an inning a piece for Riley and price, but most definetely get McQ a start in tourney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post

The interesting thing that your comment made me think about- two of the three experts at D1Baseball.com both picked MSU over Kentucky to host a National Seed because of our head to head victory over them and also the fact that we have one more SEC win at the moment.

We need to keep winning and one of Kentucky and Florida will cannibalize the other. That makes me think that there is a possibility that we get the second National Seed even without winning the SEC if we win enough and are able to stay ahead of Kentucky in the SEC standings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we win sec, I'd likely just give pilk 4 innings in a start, an inning a piece for Riley and price, but most definetely get McQ a start in tourney
    I think we should play it like we would any other SEC series. If we can manage to stay in the winner's bracket and assuming we stay in the top four in the league at the end of the regular season we would only have to win four games to win the tournament. If Rigby is available I'd give him an inning in a low leverage situation if possible. Let Pilkington and McQuary have normal starts because I think too much rest is sometimes just as bad as too little in terms of effectiveness. I certainly wouldn't overwork Pilkington or McQuary to win the Tournament though.

vCash
    Up to 12 this morning.
    Just take care of business this weekend..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    We win the SEC and maybe 1 or 2 in the SEC tourney and we should be a national seed. Everything over 30 wins is gravy to me. This is the craziest season I think I have ever seen. We have probably the smallest roster in Division 1 baseball.
    Surely we don't have to win anything in the tourney if we win the SEC regular season title. I get the SEC isn't as strong as it usually is and that our OOC performance doesn't match our SEC performance, but it just seems like winning the ACC or SEC regular season title proves you're worthy of a national seed, even in a down year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Surely we don't have to win anything in the tourney if we win the SEC regular season title. I get the SEC isn't as strong as it usually is and that our OOC performance doesn't match our SEC performance, but it just seems like winning the ACC or SEC regular season title proves you're worthy of a national seed, even in a down year.
    I was thinking winning a couple would at least keep us ahead of Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I was thinking winning a couple would at least keep us ahead of Florida.
    Florida is getting a national seed unless Kentucky wins out maybe or they drop the series to Bama. Playing Bama this weekend might knock them down a couple but they still will be top 8 (unless they drop a game to them)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Florida is getting a national seed unless Kentucky wins out maybe or they drop the series to Bama. Playing Bama this weekend might knock them down a couple but they still will be top 8 (unless they drop a game to them)
    Roll Tide! (Damn, I feel like I need to wash my mouth out with soap!)