Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No surprise, but the FB early signing period is official. This year it's Dec. 20-22.

vCash
    No more Clarion Liar and Daily Journal Articles dogging us because we pulled an offer.. If kid don't sign during early signing period and offer gets pulled (or he didn't have offer in first place)... not our problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I'd have preferred something like a mid-to-late August early period. Allow the kids who want to end their recruitment before their football season to do so. I think waiting as late as December is a bit of a joke. It'll help, but it isn't a major improvement,either.
    I agree with this. I just do not think that late Dec period changes enough. If you know you want someone this early and they wanted to come and not wait I believe would help the non super schools. For instance I believe this would have given us a better chance of landing Lashley. We knew we wanted him then Alabama did not. I do not think Dec 20 would have helped us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    It also helps to know who you have to worry about flipping.

Mullen: okay, we sent you papers to sign.

Player: not ready yet...going to sign later.

Mullen: Okay. Cool. I'll keep looking too
    Exactly. The news rules make people show their cards earlier & make the fog of recruiting a little more clear.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Will there be flexibility in the class size? Would be nice to have it if there's a big whiff in February. Doubt many decent Plan Bs will be looking for homes in the new system on traditional signing day. If not, I assume we will just fill up with "our guys" in the early period and bypass the risk of a whiffing on needs.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    Will there be flexibility in the class size? Would be nice to have it if there's a big whiff in February. Doubt many decent Plan Bs will be looking for homes in the new system on traditional signing day. If not, I assume we will just fill up with "our guys" in the early period and bypass the risk of a whiffing on needs.
    We will likely have bigger numbers in the early period than most other SEC schools. But make no mistake, the guys at the top of our board are still going to wait it out until February. Gonna just have to sweat it out like everyone else for those types of guys because they will want to take their visits and enjoy the process. The other thing that needs to be cleared up is if the December signees can still take their visit after signing (if they choose). I'm assuming we'll want some of our loyal guys to be there on the "big weekend". If not, it may make our coaches ask a few guys to delay until the late period so they can help recruit on those visits.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 05-09-2017 at 09:41 PM.