Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool scenario potential....

vCash

Cool scenario potential....

State gets National Seed, USM hosts, Ole Miss is #3 seed at USM....

State vs USM at Dudy Noble in Supers.

Would be some monster crowds in the state of MS those weekends

vCash
    Let's just take care of business.

But this would be cool
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I like the scenario!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I like the scenario!
    Too much OM success for my tastes, but if they make it, that'd be ideal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

Wow that would be awesome!

vCash

Damn, I hate to get too excited with expectation (State has done tore out my heart and stomped that sucker flat too many times) but damn this is exciting.

vCash
    Yeap, 14990 state fans with 10 USM fans.

Banned
    vCash

Supers total attendance would be larger than USM's entire football season attendance.

vCash

UK and UF more likely national seeds than us.....We'd have to have some help

for it to happen......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    for it to happen......
    We win the SEC we will be a National Seed.

vCash

Ole Miss as a three seed in Hattiesburg cracks me up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    for it to happen......
    Go bearsharks.

vCash

That's a regional they could likely win......If they get any offense at all, they'll

be an extremely tough out in the post season.....As bad as I hate to say it, their pitching is extremely good and next year they'll be even better.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ole Miss as a three seed in Hattiesburg cracks me up.
    Me too, ha. OM as a 3 and Baylor or someone like that as the 2....OM won't make it out of that

vCash
    We win the SEC we will be a National Seed.
    This! SEC Champs will be a national seed!

vCash
    Me too, ha. OM as a 3 and Baylor or someone like that as the 2....OM won't make it out of that
    I don't know- it totally depends on who the two seed is. Ole Miss has owned USM this year like we owned Ole Miss in baseball. Ole Miss was pretty lucky against them though- they won a game on a freaking wild pitch on an intentional walk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This! SEC Champs will be a national seed!
    Yes. People need to remember RPI is only one part of what they look at. Winning your conference- especially the SEC- carries a LOT of weight and would probably trump a Florida or Kentucky with a RPI of 7 or 8 vs a hypothetical MSU RPI of 10-12. We probably would jump Kentucky if I had to guess in that scenario since we beat them head to head two out of three if they were picking today. The unknown right now is the Florida Kentucky series at the end of the year- that could determine who gets a National Seed vs. just a host.

vCash
    Yes. People need to remember RPI is only one part of what they look at. Winning your conference- especially the SEC- carries a LOT of weight and would probably trump a Florida or Kentucky with a RPI of 7 or 8 vs a hypothetical MSU RPI of 10-12. We probably would jump Kentucky if I had to guess in that scenario since we beat them head to head two out of three if they were picking today. The unknown right now is the Florida Kentucky series at the end of the year- that could determine who gets a National Seed vs. just a host.
    Exactly! The commmittee puts a lot of stock in the regular season championships especially in the baseball power conferences like the SEC.

vCash
    I don't like the scenario, and if TCUN won the Hattiesburg regional it gives them a chance to come to Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I don't like the scenario, and if TCUN won the Hattiesburg regional it gives them a chance to come to Starkville.
    Why? Besides being 4-0 against them on the road and at a neutral site they are 5-8 on the road right now. They've had a lot of trouble hitting McQuary and Billingsley- and heck Mangum. Odds are it's not going to happen anyway.

My early two cents is that USM's RPI probably won't be quite good enough to host and they'll end up coming to Starkville as a two. I think Ole Miss will probably end up on the bubble barring a run in the SEC Tournament where they get the automatic bid like we did in 2005. So, wherever they end up they will likely either be a three seed or at home. And if they lose to Arkansas State in Jonesboro- I wouldn't be surprised if they get left out even if they end up with 15 SEC wins. They need to win tomorrow BAD. Especially with A&M and Auburn coming up.

As far as us I think winning the Georgia series would probably be enough to host. At the end of today we have 17 top 50 RPI wins which is the most in the country and we have a 9-8 record on the road to go with a winning conference record and a RPI of 14. That could change tomorrow as there are a couple of teams with 16. Now losing to Georgia and LSU would hurt our National Seed hopes. The Troy game doesn't really matter and really it only hurts us win or lose. We need to cancel it in our best interests- pay them the money and maybe give them a weekend series in the future to make it up. Troy is going to have to win the Sun Belt Tournament to get in anyway so even if they beat us it wouldn't be enough for them to affect anything either. I'm pretty sure we will take the high road and play the game though.