Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A&M Game 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Boom, amazing what happens when you throw strikes. Great job by McQ and Gordon. They've come a long way since the beginning of the season
    Most definitely! All the walks and hit batters killed during the past few games. Sometimes you gotta let the other team put the ball in play and rely on your defense to make the plays. That can't happen when you're giving the other team free passes. Great game tonight, Bulldogs!!! Let's do it again tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg17 View Post
    If Jb could just give us 4 good innings tomorrow we should have the pitching to finish it. We just have to continue to be aggressive at the plate. Great pitching tonight.
    We need to know though that if he loses the ability to locate the breaking ball he has to come out immediately. He did about as great a job as he could through those first three innings against Auburn but we pulled the plug on him way too late. We need to be warming up Self in the fourth if needed.

vCash
    Well that was a LOT better. McQuary keeps building his confidence and that is going to be HUGE for us going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Denver Damn McQuary - Girodos

Nice bounce back by Cole Gordon too. Boy a win tomorrow would be big time, but it's icing in my mind bc we just won 1 more than I thought we would. These guys are gritty as hell. Keep it up boys
    I think Gordon is just better in relief than he is starting. I'll take him in whatever role works for us right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well that was a LOT better. McQuary keeps building his confidence and that is going to be HUGE for us going forward.
    McQ is now the key. If he can continue to build on last 2 starts, I think we can be a SR team.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Great job by Gordon proved me wrong. 12 outs between self and Price tomorrow. Billingsley and pen just need to get us 15. Great win.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Belmont had a career night.
    Yeah he somehow got 3 hits out of that. But they count.

vCash
    Denver Damn McQuary - Girodos

Nice bounce back by Cole Gordon too. Boy a win tomorrow would be big time, but it's icing in my mind bc we just won 1 more than I thought we would. These guys are gritty as hell. Keep it up boys
    I'm right there with ya, Cadaver. I'm super pumped that we tied the series b/c I view aTm as our kryptonite, especially given how they've owned us the past few seasons. Great win tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We need to know though that if he loses the ability to locate the breaking ball he has to come out immediately. He did about as great a job as he could through those first three innings against Auburn but we pulled the plug on him way too late. We need to be warming up Self in the fourth if needed.
    Yep, Riley needs to be ready to come in at the 1st sign of trouble assuming we can at least get to the 3rd inning. Then he doesn't necessarily have to be replaced by Price, but Price then comes in if needed to quell a rally (even if it's the 7th inning). You can't keep him for 9th inning saves only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    McQ is now the key. If he can continue to build on last 2 starts, I think we can be a SR team.
    A college team can go pretty deep with two legit starters. Hopefully that will happen for us in the postseason too.

vCash
    South Carolina beats LSU. Now we need Ole Miss to take one from Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Great job by Gordon proved me wrong. 12 outs between self and Price tomorrow. Billingsley and pen just need to get us 15. Great win.
    Agreed I Seen It! Great team win!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Yep, Riley needs to be ready to come in at the 1st sign of trouble assuming we can at least get to the 3rd inning. Then he doesn't necessarily have to be replaced by Price, but Price then comes in if needed to quell a rally (even if it's the 7th inning). You can't keep him for 9th inning saves only.
    Tomorrow is the kind of game to extend self

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Tomorrow is the kind of game to extend self
    Agreed. We don't play again until the next weekend. We need to pitch our top guys regardless tomorrow as we don't want them to get rusty and not be used for possibly two weeks.

vCash
    Denver and Cole were huge today! Self and Price should be rested and ready tomorrow. Big win today get number 2 tomorrow!

vCash
    Who all pitched last night? Who is available to bridge us from JB to Self? We need JB & _______ to get us to the 5th, then go Self til he tires, then Price.

vCash
    Who all pitched last night? Who is available to bridge us from JB to Self? We need JB & _______ to get us to the 5th, then go Self til he tires, then Price.
    IMO just let JB pitch 2 or 3 innings, Barlow 1 inning, Self pitch 3 innings and Price 3 innings. No multiple looks by any hitter on JB.

vCash
    Let's just say Johnny Wholestaff!

We need to swing the bats tomorrow. We match up with A&M imo.

vCash
    Answer to the first question- Pilkington, Plumlee, Barton, and Blaylock

Answer to the second question- Barlow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    IMO just let JB pitch 2 or 3 innings, Barlow 1 inning, Self pitch 3 innings and Price 3 innings. No multiple looks by any hitter on JB.
    Or we could do JB for three, Barlow for two, Self for two, and then Price for two.