Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Cinco de Drinko Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Cinco de Drinko Edition

It's Cinco de Mayo so I know they'll be some margaritas and coronas consumed today. I had pork tacos for lunch to celebrate our southern neighbors.

vCash
    Fat mamma's knock you naked margaritas, fajitas, tacos, 7 layer dip, etc...

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Cinco de mayo so I'm about to crush crawfish after playing 36 holes today with Ari. Titos played some too.

vCash
    BD Jr. had his year end band concert at our downtown First Friday night. We went to a great local place called Indigo Coastal Shanty. I had jerk whiting tostadas with isla slaw and black beans over rice and some Pinot Noir. But, the dessert was the best part. Peach pound cake with homemade vanilla ice cream with a pecan caramel syrup. Damn good.

[IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    That dessert sound and looks awesome

Banned
    vCash
    Bulleit before dinner. Pulled pork tacos with Corona light for dinner. Into my third Four Roses Single at the moment and about to go dark!!

vCash
    I grilled Teryaki chicken and seasoned sweet corn on the grill. Wife made baked sweet potatoes. Drank beer while grilling, a nice red wine with the meal, a few beers after while watching the dawgs win. Hell of a good day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    BD Jr. had his year end band concert at our downtown First Friday night. We went to a great local place called Indigo Coastal Shanty. I had jerk whiting tostadas with isla slaw and black beans over rice and some Pinot Noir. But, the dessert was the best part. Peach pound cake with homemade vanilla ice cream with a pecan caramel syrup. Damn good.

[IMG][/IMG]
    That looks incredible

vCash
    We went out to dinner tonight; a nice Italian BYOB place. Had a bottle of California Cab with din din. Came home and watched the rest of the baseball game. Slummin' it drinking Ezra Brooks, lol.

vCash
    Sadly no pics... we were hungry but found a thick cut top sirloin of 1.5 lbs, half off at the local store. Rubbed it down with a chili spice rub (chili powder, cinnamon, allspice, and fresh crushed black pepper)
    Cooked in the oven for about 15 minutes and seared off on cast iron pan with olive oil and butter till a perfect medium rare.
    When I finished the steak, I ran a sweet onion through my mandolin for thin rings. I let those saute in the leftover spices and oil in the pan till soft. Then finished with some red bell peppers.
    Then we made a copycat version of ABUELO’S PAPAS CON CHILE (red mashed potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, cream, red bell peppers, hatch chili, garlic, and sharp cheddar cheese)

Topped off with some yummy margarittas.

vCash
    Family Crawfish boil in Sandy Hook

vCash
    Spent all day catching bream with my 3 yr old and watching baseball. Just boiled 12lbs of shrimp + corn & potatoes. Solid day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    Is that low carb?

vCash
    Today our local Wegmans got a whole yellow fin tuna in (that was literally caught this morning), and we were some of the lucky few who got a piece of it. We ate half of it raw for lunch. For dinner, I just did a quick sear with sesame seeds and black pepper, and a vinaigrette of ponzu sauce, olive oil, lime juice, scallions, and cilantro.

I know it doesn't pair very well with the tuna, but I also made ratatouille. I followed Thomas Keller's recipe for "confit byaldi". Was my first time making it, and I gotta say....it was pretty damn amazing.

Tonight I'm drinking St. Pauli's Girl; one of my favorite lagers.

vCash
    looks good Beardo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    looks good Beardo
    thanks, dude.

vCash
    Cinco De Mayo yesterday. I live in San Antonio, Texas. I did what every non-booze drinking Texan should. I nodded in appreciation to the culinary heritage of my hispanic neighbors. Then went home before the drubnks started driving and ordered Chinese delivery.

Today however, hit the farmers market. Lots of grass fed beef cuts and ground bought. Did a Pastured Waygu sirloin for late lunch. Some local tables to follow. Then back to clean eats. Dropped 60 pounds since October on Paleo/Keto with occasional escapes once a month.

vCash
    Beardo killin it.

I'm throwing shrimp on the grill as we speak

vCash
    Ate seared tuna at the marina and drinking a bush heavy somebody left behind. Better than I remember

vCash
    Does Mexico celebrate any of our holidays? Serious question.