Thread: World War Two History

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    It'll take a while to write them all out but one that always made me laugh was they somehow got ahold of peanuts and grew some aboard their carrier so they could have boiled peanuts. Well they start eating them and some of the northern boys come over and ask what they're eating. Well showing good hospitality they shared the boiled peanuts but didn't tell to shell them first. "The Yankees" ate them and were disgusted by them and asked the southerners how they could eat these things. One the other marines said we shell them first. My grandfather did tell me they told the ones they liked to shell them first though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Srt201 View Post
    It'll take a while to write them all out but one that always made me laugh was they somehow got ahold of peanuts and grew some aboard their carrier so they could have boiled peanuts. Well they start eating them and some of the northern boys come over and ask what they're eating. Well showing good hospitality they shared the boiled peanuts but didn't tell to shell them first. "The Yankees" ate them and were disgusted by them and asked the southerners how they could eat these things. One the other marines said we shell them first. My grandfather did tell me they told the ones they liked to shell them first though.
    That's 17ing hilarious man. Lmao. Keep em coming if you are so inclined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    That's 17ing hilarious man. Lmao. Keep em coming if you are so inclined.
    Haha I'm glad you liked that one. When my grandfather died he left me a book about the entire World War Two history of the USS Yorktown and apparently there were a lot of pranks and things that happened. Supposedly someone replaced the Stars and Stripes with the Stars and Bars and caught hell from the admiral.

I remember him telling me about how he snuck a rifle out of a jap warehouse under his uniform and he was only six feet tall and the rifle was 50.2 inches long. He said everyone turned a blind eye to it. And he didn't let the mum get ground off either.