I am a healthcare practitioner NE Miss. I had a client, he died a few years back, who was a coxswain, IE the commander, of a landing craft at Omaha Beach on D-Day. He was the nicest old GENTLEMAN you could have ever wanted to meet. He never spoke to me about it. I never would have never known about all except by accident. As he never mentioned it to me I asked his wife about it one time. I told her I was deeply interested, but I would understand if he didn't want to talk about it. She said he didn't like to talk about it but she would relay my interest to him. She said let him bring it up, if he wants to. He never did, and I respected that as much as I wanted to hear his story. His wife DID tell me WHY he never wanted to talk about it. He piloted a landing craft in the first wave at Omaha, and beyond.. He told her that he dropped the ramp on the first run into the beach, and every single one of the boys on his boat were cut down as soon as they left his boat. She said she asked him once, after one of his nightmares, what he did. He said he turned around and went back for another load. He was just a kid too. Hat's off to Mr ****, and those boys he dropped the ramp for. God bless them all.