Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
WWII battlefields: Have any of you ever been to any? I spent a day in the American sectors in Normandy back in 2010. I have been to St. Petersburg/Leningrad. I've been to what is left of three 8th Air Force bases in Norfolk, England. I've been to London, you can see where a lot of the bombs landed if you know what to look for. I've been to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford. That is the former RAF Duxford that was such a key base in the Battle of Britain. If you ever get a chance to go to that place, DO IT. I've been to Berlin, you can certainly still see where battle damage was patched on the Brandenburg Gate. I'm going to be taking a Rhine River cruise in August. We will be in Amsterdam a day or two prior to the cruise. I'm exploring taking a day trip out to some of the Market Garden areas. Hopefully it will be daylight when we sail by Remagen.
I've been to several over the years, Normandy 2X, Bastogne, Dunkirk, Maginot Line, Buchenwald, several areas that were in eastern Germany. Most interesting is definitely Normandy.