Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This will make a few heads explode ..........

vCash

This will make a few heads explode ..........

around here. I happen to think it's the truth.

https://www.seccountry.com/mississip...-marcus-spears

vCash
    It's pretty bad the only ones that don't appreciate the job Mullen has done here are a LOUD MINORITY of the miss state fan base. Even OM fans recognize the great job bc they desperately want him gone

vCash
    I hate this quote " He’s accomplished all of that while recruiting in a state that doesn’t produce a ton of top college football talent." Its not like we're the Dakota's for crying out loud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    I hate this quote " He’s accomplished all of that while recruiting in a state that doesn’t produce a ton of top college football talent." Its not like we're the Dakota's for crying out loud.
    No, but it's still an accurate statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    No, but it's still an accurate statement.
    It's population based though. Atlanta metro region offers more talent than Ms, but if you look at the populations of both it makes sense. Per capita, I bet MS puts out more talent than most other states.

vCash
    Germans. Heads have already exploded on the same topic.

Random Poster will arrive and poo poo the job Mullen has done in t-minus 10,9,8,7.....
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    how do you figure? I am of the opinion MS has the talent. Finding it, and finding it qualified, is the hard part. In that case, that quote has credence, but by PURE talent alone, its there.

vCash
    how do you figure? I am of the opinion MS has the talent. Finding it, and finding it qualified, is the hard part. In that case, that quote has credence, but by PURE talent alone, its there.

So MS lacks upper tier high school coaching?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    So MS lacks upper tier high school coaching?
    I said nothing of coaching. Not what I was referring to. It's alot of factors in my mind. Academic qualification is what I was referring to. But coaching could be part of the equation as well. I'm not in the know enough down there anymore to make that judgement.

Banned
    vCash
    Well, the Dakotas don't have two Power 5 schools either. There are around 15-18 legitimate SEC players from MS each cycle, and some lean years there are less than that. And by "legitmate SEC players", I mean guys that could at least climb to #2 on an SEC depth chart (not even starters). Also, there are always 1-2 guys minimum in that 15-18 players that don't qualify in spite of their ability, and never see a 4-year college campus. When it all shakes out, you're left with 7-8 guys per SEC school in MS per recruiting cycle that can contribute, and only 3-4 potential starters each cycle. On average, that's enough to fill out about half of your depth chart under absolutely ideal circumstances. There absolutely is a talent shortage where demand is much greater than supply with Mississippi high school players.

vCash
    I remember when they wrote these articles about what a good job Croom was doing

We went 5-7 in the regular season last year. Lost to South Alabama and BYU. We won our bowl game by 1 point over a 6-6 nobody out of the MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It's population based though. Atlanta metro region offers more talent than Ms, but if you look at the populations of both it makes sense. Per capita, I bet MS puts out more talent than most other states.
    Yes....and why would per capita matter? Regardless of the reason, MS does not produce a ton of top college football talent. This makes it difficult to build a championship-level team largely on the backs of MS talent. Why would a per capita figure matter?

If Rhode Island were phenomenal at producing football talent per capita, it still would make it incredibly tough for a Rhode Island school to compete nationally...because it has a very small population, thus few top football players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Oh geez

vCash

We went 5-7 in the regular season last year. Lost to South Alabama and BYU. We won our bowl game by 1 point over a 6-6 nobody out of the MAC
    Who's your #2 SEC coach behind Saban?

vCash

And.....quickly RP reminds us of how crappy Mullen really is. Just like clock work....the agenda lives!!!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash

And our defense was absolute diarrhea. If Manny had stayed we would have beaten BYU, and USA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's pretty bad the only ones that don't appreciate the job Mullen has done here are a LOUD MINORITY of the miss state fan base. Even OM fans recognize the great job bc they desperately want him gone
    I don't think anyone argues he's done a bad job. In a big picture sense, most everyone thinks he's done a pretty great job. But there's also a few glaring faults that seem to hold him back from being an even better coach and getting even better results. Tightening up in big games (outside a 3 game run in 2014) is a problem. Not being able to recognize hevesy's shortcomings is a problem. The playcalling and player usage is sometimes a problem (how can other RBs come in and learn a system and be productive RBs in their freshman season, but it takes 2+ seasons for our talented RBs to learn the system or how to pass block while we run a 160 lb between the tackles over and over) (he relied way too much on the QB dive on every 3rd and 5 or less in 2014-2015).

Overall great job, but there's some relatively minor adjustments many think he could make and be that much better.

vCash
    Who was writing those articles???

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

There was an agenda for the media with Croom. They wanted him to succeed for obvious reasons. The media doesn't have that same feeling towards Mullen. Probably the exact opposite honestly, so that's probably a bad comparison.