Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Saban contract though....

vCash

That Saban contract though....

$11.125 Million ..............at what point do we call college athletics a professional sport? He could pay each player on the team over $38,0000 with the money he's making. At some point, the NCAA is going to have to address the big money in college athletics. It's getting out of control.
    Byrne at $1.2 million.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-02-2017 at 10:49 AM.

vCash
    I'm ok with the greatest coach of all time (in any sport) getting paid double whatever one else is getting. Quit crying and help us find a way to get him out of power.

vCash
    I'm not ok with it. There's no way college athletics should be what it's becoming. And there's also no way for us to complete with that. Getting him out of power only opens up the spot for the guy that just beat him in the national championship. That's what that kind of money can do.

vCash
    Underpaid.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Underpaid.
    Yep. MSU should have offered 15.

vCash
    It's a shame Rich Rodriquez didn't accept the job when they first offered it to him. He said at first that he would, then changed his mind. He would have probably been in the mold of Shula, Curry, or Dubose-somebody that we could compete with. You have to give credit to Mal Moore, the AD, who stayed after Saban and eventually convinced him to come to Alabama. I hated to see it because I knew we were going to be in trouble beating Alabama for quite a while in the future. I never thought that he would become as good as, or better, that Bear Bryant, though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm not ok with it. There's no way college athletics should be what it's becoming. And there's also no way for us to complete with that. Getting him out of power only opens up the spot for the guy that just beat him in the national championship. That's what that kind of money can do.
    If Saban was our coach, we could afford to pay him that much too because the revenue generated would be 10x what it is with a middling coach. Alabama got lucky in a number of ways, and none moreso than Rich Rod accepting the job before having a last second change of heart. There are 20ish schools across the country that have just as much money if not more money than Alabama, even now with their dynasty and increased revenue and enrollment. But, Bama happened to be the prettiest girl at the prom when Saban decided to return to the college level, and the rest is history. Timing is everything.

vCash
    I'd be okay with a market cap on coaches and staff salaries. It would reduce the enticement of coaches jumping to another program simply because another school can out bid you. If they want to leave for other reasons, fine. But at least a cap would take the money part out of it. This is the only economy I'm okay with having price limitations.

vCash
    Them Bammers' are some lucky ****ers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    I'm ok with the greatest coach of all time (in any sport) getting paid double whatever one else is getting. Quit crying and help us find a way to get him out of power.

Did he recruit Leo ?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    Yep. MSU should have offered 15.
    I'm all for it. Sorry Dan.

Of course he would have to deal with our fans about cussing too much. Watching him go off on David Murray would be worth the price alone though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    I'd be okay with a market cap on coaches and staff salaries. It would reduce the enticement of coaches jumping to another program simply because another school can out bid you. If they want to leave for other reasons, fine. But at least a cap would take the money part out of it. This is the only economy I'm okay with having price limitations.
    It won't do any good. Booster clubs, back room business deals, inside investments. All of that will still go on. So the big names will just keep on spending.

Do you really think Nick Saban is out there designing vans?

https://www.mbbhm.com/nick-saban-signature-series/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm all for it. Sorry Dan.
    I am too ... and I ain't apologizing lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Watching him go off on David Murray would be worth the price alone though.
    Haha, this made me lol. I would definitely pay to see that.

vCash
    Actually the story I heard about Rich Rod came from a big supporter of Bama. Maybe Tusk has heard the same from his double wide friends. Anyway, the story was that Rich Rod used some "colorful language" in a meeting with some really high up boosters and their wives. Did not go over well and Bama pulled his offer.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    It's a shame Rich Rodriquez didn't accept the job when they first offered it to him. He said at first that he would, then changed his mind. He would have probably been in the mold of Shula, Curry, or Dubose-somebody that we could compete with. You have to give credit to Mal Moore, the AD, who stayed after Saban and eventually convinced him to come to Alabama. I hated to see it because I knew we were going to be in trouble beating Alabama for quite a while in the future. I never thought that he would become as good as, or better, that Bear Bryant, though.
    It was all about the wives in both cases. Rita Rodriquez got offended and got her feelings hurt (by Paul Finebaum) - put the kibosh on Rich Rod taking the job. Mal Moore sold Terry Saban on Alabama and the lifestyle they could expect if he left the pro's & went back to college. Possy is a driving force for many a man.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...really_ha.html
    Last edited by LockeDawg; 05-02-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    College football doesn't pay me shit so I'll let all the assholes making a bunch of money of it worry about it. Those of y'all thinking Saban would even think for 1 second about coming here for $15 mill a year can keep dreaming. It'd take $50 mill a year to pry him away from Tuscaloosa. He's got that machine so well oiled he ain't never leaving. Our best chance to get him outta there was when daughter Saban beat the crap outta her sorority sister but nothing came of that so we all ****ed till he's done with it.

vCash
    He got paid $4mil just to sign the damn piece of paper. Jimmy Sexton is a freaking genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    So.... how did his royal highness do when he had "MSU" talent vs rest of the league??? (aka 1st year at bama, LSU, Mich St., Dolphins?). Give most coaches (aka Freezus) 5* talent (and the $$$ to get 'em) vs. 2-3* star talent and he will be a major success. You think Satan could come to MSU and win like he has... you're 17'n nuts!
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 05-02-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors