Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nfl draft

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Msstate I dont disagree, I just dont know what position he is gonna play.
    Engram will be a hell of a pro and had first round measurables. I'll give the gm props for making a pick like that.

Now Chicago gm should be fire for getting Mr. I like kissing titties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Engram will be a hell of a pro and had first round measurables. I'll give the gm props for making a pick like that.

Now Chicago gm should be fire for getting Mr. I like kissing titties.
    I don't see it, and not because he went to Ole Miss. He isn't big enough to be a tight end in the league, and he isn't fast enough to be a WR.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I don't see it, and not because he went to Ole Miss. He isn't big enough to be a tight end in the league, and he isn't fast enough to be a WR.
    6'3 235 4.42 40. Yea the kid can play and play at a high level in the NFL. You are going to see the giants put him in formations to be matched with a lb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Slipped away? He was bobby humphrey's son... urban Meyer would've had no shot, much less us. He made us feel good, but he wasn't ever going anywhere but Tuscaloosa
    Didn't Bama slow play him and that is why we were in the picture? Seems like we were #2 but he was waiting on a Bama offer or just wanting Bama to "show more love".

vCash
    He is fast enough at 4.4 - 4.5 speed. He is probably going to be more of a slot mismatch guy than an outside WR. He isn't a good enough blocker to be a true TE but he is going to help Beckham Jr. They still could have gotten him in the 2nd round though. A good bit of defensive talent is going to come off the board in Round 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    He is fast enough at 4.4 - 4.5 speed. He is probably going to be more of a slot mismatch guy than an outside WR. He isn't a good enough blocker to be a true TE but he is going to help Beckham Jr. They still could have gotten him in the 2nd round though. A good bit of defensive talent is going to come off the board in Round 2.
    Not to be a dick, but his 40 is faster than ODB. and hes about 4 inches taller. Dude could play outside the numbers imo, cause he aint blocking shit.

vCash
    Jerry Rice ran a 4.6--just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Jerry Rice ran a 4.6--just saying.
    Jerry Rice also was the best route runner in the history of football.

vCash
    I understand the hate by folks for Engram because he went to OM, but he's by far the most NFL ready talent on their roster in the last 5 years. He runs good routes, he has well above average speed, he's got height, and he catches the football.

I can get the hate for him being from OM, but the kid will do well at the next level. I will say he makes more Pro Bowls than Tunsil, Nkemdiche, and Treadwell put together.

vCash
    And he made a 20 on the wonderlic lets chill on the smart talk.
    I'll rephrase, even though I think the wonderlic is bogus, and state that Watson is at least articulate when he speaks.

There are intangibles when evaluating QBs that can't be measured. I think Watson has qualities that will help him be successful. The one big help he'll get right out of the gate is that he will be surrounded by talent. Prescott would have sucked last year had he been on the Browns. He was surrounded by talent, which only helped him to succeed. It wasn't the only reason, but it sure helps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Didn't Bama slow play him and that is why we were in the picture? Seems like we were #2 but he was waiting on a Bama offer or just wanting Bama to "show more love".
    TBone, I have the memory of a largemouth bass, but I seem to recall Marlon as a 5 Star type, and maybe a top 10-20 Ntnl guy...

MDL is picky, but not THAT picky... I think, perhaps, the kid was just "enjoying the process (recruitment)"....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    TBone, I have the memory of a largemouth bass, but I seem to recall Marlon as a 5 Star type, and maybe a top 10-20 Ntnl guy...

MDL is picky, but not THAT picky... I think, perhaps, the kid was just "enjoying the process (recruitment)"....
    It certainly could be just getting some free trips. I didn't remember if it was an issue of Bama looking at the #1 CB and only taking either/or. I am getting old so I might just be making some shit up in my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    I'll rephrase, even though I think the wonderlic is bogus, and state that Watson is at least articulate when he speaks.

There are intangibles when evaluating QBs that can't be measured. I think Watson has qualities that will help him be successful. The one big help he'll get right out of the gate is that he will be surrounded by talent. Prescott would have sucked last year had he been on the Browns. He was surrounded by talent, which only helped him to succeed. It wasn't the only reason, but it sure helps!
    I agree with that, but the only Super Bowl winning QBs playing in the league have an average of 30.7 on wonderlic. Cant be that bogus.

vCash
    I agree with that, but the only Super Bowl winning QBs playing in the league have an average of 30.7 on wonderlic. Cant be that bogus.
    I'll concede that they may have a reason, but there are outliers:

Terry Bradshaw - 16
    Dan Marino - 16
    Jim Kelly - 15
    Wayne Madkin - 14 (HA! - had to include)

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Dak Presott - 25
    Chad Kelly - 22 (not sure how! - must have been high when he took it)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...atrick-mahomes