Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When (If) Ole Miss is kicked out of the SEC for cheating like no one else has before;

vCash

When (If) Ole Miss is kicked out of the SEC for cheating like no one else has before;

Should we still play them? We don't play USM so why should we play UM when they're in the Sunbelt?

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    No.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Guaranteed wins. It'll probably be that anyway for the next five or six seasons, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    No.
    You don't have a vote!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    Should we still play them? We don't play USM so why should we play UM when they're in the Sunbelt?
    If they get kicked out of the SEC, it'll be because they got the DP which means they could no longer contribute to the SEC financially as football generates probably 90% of revenues. The SEC won't want a cheating institution mooching off the remaining members that can generate revenue.

I anxiously await for the headline on your Dallas Morning News pic to say "Ole Miss football canceled for 2018".

vCash
    Ain't gonna happen.

vCash
    It won't happen but if they did by all means play them. I'd really enjoy beating them 80%+ in most sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Ain't gonna happen.
    That wasn't the question. The man said IF!!!

I say no. Why give them an opportunity to one up us? They will have nothing if kicked out of the SEC. The Egg Bowl would be even more important to them. We might actually become their real rival.***

Even if they got an invite to the Big 12 they would have lost so much being kicked out of the SEC that I wouldn't want to give them any opportunity to regain their swag.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    That wasn't the question. The man said IF!!!

I say no. Why give them an opportunity to one up us? They will have nothing if kicked out of the SEC. The Egg Bowl would be even more important to them. We might actually become their real rival.***

Even if they got an invite to the Big 12 they would have lost so much being kicked out of the SEC that I wouldn't want to give them any opportunity to regain their swag.
    If they get kincked out of the SEC, the Big 12 won't take them. Too many SWC memories there for that. I'm thinking Sun Belt, at best.

vCash
    Schedule them for homecoming so we can beat their brains in every year. I want them to suffer, and nothing pains them more than us being better than them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    You don't have a vote!
    Dang. I thought since The REC gottem probated, we'd get a vote.

My bad.

Regardless, playin em is "all & all", a poor decision.

vCash
    I'd play them but it would have to be 4 home games in exchange for 1 away game because face it, they are no more relevant than a SWAC team and maybe not as relevant than USM.

vCash
    Ain't gonna happen.

Oh ye of little faith, naive non-believers. Just because it's never happened before in the modern age DOESN'T mean it can't happen with this group who refuses to play by the rules. SMU will soon get to breathe a collective sigh of relief as they will no longer be the poster child for NCAA criminality and punishment.

vCash
    If I win the lottery I will....about the same. There are just way more threads about this. Total waste of time but I guess it's fun to dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Oh ye of little faith, naive non-believers. Just because it's never happened before in the modern age DOESN'T mean it can't happen with this group who refuses to play by the rules. SMU will soon get to breathe a collective sigh of relief as they will no longer be the poster child for NCAA criminality and punishment.
    I see you have only 10 vCash. I bet you that amount. Book it Danno! You in?

vCash
    How can you be sure they'll stay in Division I? ****

vCash
    I see you have only 10 vCash. I bet you that amount. Book it Danno! You in?
    Nah man, I only got 10 vCash because I hedged my bet on whether or not Freeze will be coach to start the year and split my action both ways

But in all seriousness, I would normally agree with you in that there's no way they get removed, but we are so far out of the norm with TCUN and this case, and I truly think the NCAA has to hammer them as specified by their new penalty matrix or they become irrelevant and a laughing farce to their constituents.

Banned
    vCash
    **** no we don't play Old Misses if they get kicked out. Let em rot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Garvin View Post
    How can you be sure they'll stay in Division I? ****
    I agree, if they get booted from the SEC then I hope they end up in the Gulf South conference or somesuch.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    If they get kicked out of the SEC, it'll be because they got the DP which means they could no longer contribute to the SEC financially as football generates probably 90% of revenues. The SEC won't want a cheating institution mooching off the remaining members that can generate revenue.

I anxiously await for the headline on your Dallas Morning News pic to say "Ole Miss football canceled for 2018".
    The only way they can get kicked out (as a charter member) would be a unanimous vote of the other 13 member institutions. It will never happen. And oddly enough, the reason it will never happen is the school that would absolutely benefit the most from them leaving (MSU) would never vote for it to happen because the IHL and maybe even state legislature would intervene and put an insurmountable amount of political pressure to make sure MSU's vote goes the way they want it. And if its Keenum's political pandering ass that gets to issue our vote, he won't need any extra incentive. He'll vote for them to stay and start counting those OM fan votes he picked up when he runs for Senate / governor / etc.