Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HEARD FROM VERY HIGH PLACED SOURCE...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Wouldn't the official probation clock have started the moment the other two programs were place on probation? Resulting in repeat offender status "if" anything happened after that date in any other sport, i.e. OM goes on probation Oct '16 for WBB & Track, "if" a recruiting violation in any other sport occurs after Oct '16 then they could be a repeat offender because it occurred inside their probation window.
    That is correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Please explain the October date... the NOA addendum came out in May 2016... That being said.... The NCAA settled the basketball and track issues last fall. That was a FINAL, my understanding, for those two programs, ONLY???? And that FOOTBALL investigation was on going.....
    To be eligible for repeat offender status, you have to have an athletic program (doesn't matter which one, men's or women's) already on probation with the final penalties handed out by the NCAA COI. For them, track and women's basketball, was settled in Oct 2016 and they began the penalty/probation phase. Any sport found to have committed infractions after last Oct (the infraction actually occurring after that date) could trigger the repeat offender clause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    To be eligible for repeat offender status, you have to have an athletic program (doesn't matter which one, men's or women's) already on probation with the final penalties handed out by the NCAA COI. For them, track and women's basketball, was settled in Oct 2016 and they began the penalty/probation phase. Any sport found to have committed infractions after last Oct (the infraction actually occurring after that date) could trigger the repeat offender clause.
    Boy, oh boy is the crap getting deeper... One KNOWN high school coach (an OM booster also) transporting a said recruit to OM football games.... pictures and all shown to others..... What about the former NOA that OM received... was that NOA penalty (maybe 2013) over BEFORE this investigation started????? Eventually it will come out as to WHAT/HOW MUCH these coaches at the local high schools were paid..... ugh

Had someone in the know said that they were told on Monday -- that OM received more NCAA Paperwork.... carry on NCAA.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 04-27-2017 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Please explain the October date... the NOA addendum came out in May 2016... That being said.... The NCAA settled the basketball and track issues last fall. That was a FINAL, my understanding, for those two programs, ONLY???? And that FOOTBALL investigation was on going.....
    If Ole Miss had women's rowing team that went on probation in October or 2016 Any infractions in ANY sport they offer would come under the repeat offender clause for five years from that date. The sport doesn't t matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If Ole Miss had women's rowing team that went on probation in October or 2016 Any infractions in ANY sport they offer would come under the repeat offender clause for five years from that date. The sport doesn't t matter.
    Thanks..... I am learning the Legalities of the NCAA... quickly....
    I SAW what went down... haha...

vCash
    This response is to you and the poster you responded to. The "repeat offender" stipulation has to do with infractions occurring after the COI has handed out penalties to any sport in the atheletic department. For UNM, that happened in Oct. 2016. Any infractions found AFTER that date triggers the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter if is an addendum to the first NOA, if is a part of a 2nd or 3rd NOA. They are already on probation so in infraction that occurs after that date for the next several years is subject to repeat offender, regardless of where the NCAA decides to attach those those infractions to whichever NOA. So far as we know right now, anything discovered to have occurred after last Oct is not with the additional allegations that have been received and are awaiting a response, supposedly. But we know how forthcoming they are with facts so until its made public we can't say for certain. Best guess is the COI completes the penalty phase from the addendum 1st NOA and if these rumors are true a 2nd NOA includes the new infractions occurring after Oct.
    Great to see you back Clark!
    Rep tried, I've given you too many +'s
    Last edited by msbulldog; 04-27-2017 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    We could probably get a lot of bad publicity for making fun of the mentally retarded.
    What did they ever do to you to be compared to tsun fans?

vCash
    "The question for the rebels is, what do they decide to do with it?"

I don't understand this type of question about it. Unless the current allegations will, by themselves, result in the death penalty, the NCAA has every incentive to keep investigating and tacking on additional penalty-causing allegations when they find more evidence. Failing to do so tells other schools that there is a upper limit to how far the NCAA is willing to go, and so continuing to cheat during an investigation has a predictable and capped/limited risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Technetium View Post
    "The question for the rebels is, what do they decide to do with it?"

I don't understand this type of question about it. Unless the current allegations will, by themselves, result in the death penalty, the NCAA has every incentive to keep investigating and tacking on additional penalty-causing allegations when they find more evidence. Failing to do so tells other schools that there is a upper limit to how far the NCAA is willing to go, and so continuing to cheat during an investigation has a predictable and capped/limited risk.
    True regarding this statement, but the NCAA's issue at hand concerns their new penalty matrix they introduced in 2013. This is really the first "mega" case where penalties are to be applied via the new matrix and DeviousDog has previously shown that systematically running the numbers results in 40+ scholarship losses (i.e., basically the death penalty in and of itself). And that's just with 21 Level I's (not counting the number of times many of these Level I's occurred more than once, which somebody said it's approaching 100 rules-breaking incidents).

And TCUN is still breaking the rules and can't come to grips that they've gotta play by the NCAA's rules (which they agreed to do upon accepting membership into the NCAA). This case truly is precedent-setting, and as I've said before, will make SMU look like an appetizer compared to the main course the NCAA is about to serve at the dinner table (think TCUN cooked well-done on a platter).
    Last edited by WSOPdawg; 04-27-2017 at 02:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 32 Dive View Post
    Could this be a(nother) case of, "As long as Hugh Freeze is the HC in Oxford, the NCAA will keep piling on"?

I don't mean that in a "NCAA is being unfair" kind of way, but as in "UM is giving us no choice but to keep investigating..."
    I don't believe the NCAA will be satisfied until freeze is either terminated or show caused. Ole miss people say that's a witch hunt. I say the NCAA just wants him out bc they know what has happened during his tenure and believe he is either complicit or incompetent.

ETA: om would be much better off if they would let freeze go. No foresight on their part.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I don't believe the NCAA will be satisfied until freeze is either terminated or show caused. Ole miss people say that's a witch hunt. I say the NCAA just wants him out bc they know what has happened during his tenure and believe he is either complicit or incompetent.

ETA: om would be much better off if they would let freeze go. No foresight on their part.
    Freeze knows where all the dead bodies are stored. He put half of them there himself. Old Misses can't fire him they need him to step down voluntarily or be given a show cause by the NCAA so he won't draw a map to the bodies for the NCAA to find them. Maybe this is why they keep cheating so somebody will do something about Freezus that isn't them. Can't be them or he sings like a shitbird.

vCash
    Rosebowl doesn't think there is anything to this new rumor of another NOA.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Rosebowl doesn't think there is anything to this new rumor of another NOA.
    Buzz kill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Buzz kill
    I was told that "SOMEONE is the know heard this on Monday". I told on this site months ago there should be at LEAST one more NOA..... I hope the NOA's don't stop coming.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Buzz kill
    Yes and no. Given his track record then I would say the new rumor is BS. THAT being said what has already come to light is enough to drive old Dixie down, and in a BIG way.

vCash
    This response is to you and the poster you responded to. The "repeat offender" stipulation has to do with infractions occurring after the COI has handed out penalties to any sport in the atheletic department. For UNM, that happened in Oct. 2016. Any infractions found AFTER that date triggers the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter if is an addendum to the first NOA, if is a part of a 2nd or 3rd NOA. They are already on probation so in infraction that occurs after that date for the next several years is subject to repeat offender, regardless of where the NCAA decides to attach those those infractions to whichever NOA. So far as we know right now, anything discovered to have occurred after last Oct is not with the additional allegations that have been received and are awaiting a response, supposedly. But we know how forthcoming they are with facts so until its made public we can't say for certain. Best guess is the COI completes the penalty phase from the addendum 1st NOA and if these rumors are true a 2nd NOA includes the new infractions occurring after Oct.
    I concur, but my larger point is that this thing is bigger than anyone on either side could have imagined.

Players talking to agents and fighting with family members at home they couldn't afford.
    Public drug use
    Former players Openly admitting to taking money
    Academic fraud going back to 2007
    Coaches fired
    Pay for visits
    Recruits lying to investigators
    Burner phones

Their new penalty structure just didn't account for all of this. Additionally the death penalty sounds bad but if they were given that for next year and were told to "start over" it might not have the lasting impact the SMU case had.

Somehow the NCAA needs to bring this thing home with a don't let this happen to you message attached.

Of course the new defense of everyone will be "well we cheated some, but not like Ole Miss did."

I just don't see the NCAA allowing this to be anything but a "we're back" moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I concur, but my larger point is that this thing is bigger than anyone on either side could have imagined.

Players talking to agents and fighting with family members at home they couldn't afford.
    Public drug use
    Former players Openly admitting to taking money
    Academic fraud going back to 2007
    Coaches fired
    Pay for visits
    Recruits lying to investigators
    Burner phones

Their new penalty structure just didn't account for all of this. Additionally the death penalty sounds bad but if they were given that for next year and were told to "start over" it might not have the lasting impact the SMU case had.

Somehow the NCAA needs to bring this thing home with a don't let this happen to you message attached.

Of course the new defense of everyone will be "well we cheated some, but not like Ole Miss did."

I just don't see the NCAA allowing this to be anything but a "we're back" moment.
    I agree and along with others have said that the NCAA are in some uncharted waters with this case. Throw in the new penalty matrix and a much larger HC responsibility (ignorance of what was going on no longer absolves a HC) and that is why every school is watching the final outcome very very closely.

vCash
    Whether you are OM or state fan, their lack of integrity for the educational requirements at one of our state supported universities pisses me off big time. I've heard buying GED's at another state supported JUCO in the furthest northern part of the delta. Then moving on to Wayne County for the ACT test. I have not heard anything from the states appointed committee of Higher Education. Glenn Boyce is president of this committee. I know Glenn Personally and I just can't fathom why their are not heads rolling. I'm going to call Glenn and I've decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until after the NCAA is done with their punishments. I think its a matter that helps to destroy our educational system further then it already is. We as taxpayers have a right in this, your thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    Whether you are OM or state fan, their lack of integrity for the educational requirements at one of our state supported universities pisses me off big time. I've heard buying GED's at another state supported JUCO in the furthest northern part of the delta. Then moving on to Wayne County for the ACT test. I have not heard anything from the states appointed committee of Higher Education. Glenn Boyce is president of this committee. I know Glenn Personally and I just can't fathom why their are not heads rolling. I'm going to call Glenn and I've decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until after the NCAA is done with their punishments. I think its a matter that helps to destroy our educational system further then it already is. We as taxpayers have a right in this, your thoughts?
    IHL -- will only turn their noses up... Just like the MSHSAA.... NOTHING about the coaches selling players to OM..... Allowing recruiters through the back door into the school, passing money in the school to recruits, on the field during games, in the field house before, during and after the games, and being introduced as an OLE MISS ALUM.... when he was the bag man/recruiter(cough) for OM... one high school coach (an Om booster) hauling a recruit in the personal vehicle to an OM home game... Might want to investigate the Ath department accounting records in the high schools for large donations or did the bag man pay them in CASH?

There is so much corruption in the state of Mississippi it is a shame.

I am hearing of a newly created degree at Om for football players.... and many of the players Freeze has enrolled in a "General Studies" Degree. (I have not had time to investigate this degree YET... not sure what you could do with this -- nothing?????) I am hearing that some players are NOT making the grades that made in high school and are having TROUBLE in class... 1st you must go to class. I was told from another source that has proof of academic fraud at Om. Interesting that two different people, from two different states, that don't know each other, tell the same thing a day apart... Interesting.... How LOW will OM go?
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 04-27-2017 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    This is correct... It happened last Friday... Per my 1st post. Rosebowl is incorrect in saying may not be true... IT HAPPENED...
    What Rosebowl meant is that he doesn't think this is a part of a current investigation. That may mean someone knows it happened and hasn't reported it or that they have reported it and it hasn't been corroborated within the investigation.