Thread: HEARD FROM VERY HIGH PLACED SOURCE...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    If this is true, will the NCAA go on and schedule the COI for Oxford Junior College for the first and amended NOA and then have another one for the 2nd NOA? The NCAA has to be going for the death penalty if they received another letter. I think the blatant non-stop cheating while being investigated will cause the COI to seriously consider it.
    This past NOA/addendum was infractions that occurred while the NCAA was living in oxford. The NCAA needs to go ahead and wrap up the first part. I wanna see rats jumping ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This past NOA/addendum was infractions that occurred while the NCAA was living in oxford. The NCAA needs to go ahead and wrap up the first part. I wanna see rats jumping ship.
    IMO, the NCAA dragging this out even longer is directly counter to the purpose of the NCAA to protect and support student-athletes. The NCAA should move rapidly and let these kids transfer out, holding them hostage on a sinking ship is just wrong on so many fronts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    IMO, the NCAA dragging this out even longer is directly counter to the purpose of the NCAA to protect and support student-athletes. The NCAA should move rapidly and let these kids transfer out, holding them hostage on a sinking ship is just wrong on so many fronts.
    No sympathy for them knowingly jumping into a sinking ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    No sympathy for them knowingly jumping into a sinking ship.
    They are kids, they made a mistake and went for the flashy instantaneous benefits. IMO, it's an injustice to the "student-athletes" for the NCAA to not rule as promptly as possible so that they have an opportunity to transfer immediately.

Banned
    vCash
    They are kids, they made a mistake and went for the flashy instantaneous benefits. IMO, it's an injustice to the "student-athletes" for the NCAA to not rule as promptly as possible so that they have an opportunity to transfer immediately.

I have no sympathy for the players that signed with them last year. They knew what they were getting. I have no sympathy for any player that took an illegal benefit. You knew this was possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    I have no sympathy for the players that signed with them last year. They knew what they were getting. I have no sympathy for any player that took an illegal benefit. You knew this was possible.
    Agree with Pollo. MSU wasn't good enough for them when they signed on to play for these cheats then, so no way in hell do I want any of them to look to transfer our way when the NCAA drops the hammer. They should be made to lie in the bed they helped make (but they'll be given the opportunity to transfer even though they were aware of the backpacks of cash, loaner vehicles and other "opportunity fund" rewards).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Agree with Pollo. MSU wasn't good enough for them when they signed on to play for these cheats then, so no way in hell do I want any of them to look to transfer our way when the NCAA drops the hammer. They should be made to lie in the bed they helped make (but they'll be given the opportunity to transfer even though they were aware of the backpacks of cash, loaner vehicles and other "opportunity fund" rewards).
    I didn't say they should transfer to MSU, I simply feel like they should be informed as soon as possible about the bowl-ban so that they can transfer to any program that will take them.....Hell, most D-1 schools are probably full and have no room at this point. Doesn't mean the NCAA should drag out the penalty phase to the point where the student-athletes are held hostage and can't go elsewhere.

vCash
    They knew it was against the rules. They did it anyway and now they pay the price. No injustice has been done to the guilty