Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HEARD FROM VERY HIGH PLACED SOURCE...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    IMO, the NCAA dragging this out even longer is directly counter to the purpose of the NCAA to protect and support student-athletes. The NCAA should move rapidly and let these kids transfer out, holding them hostage on a sinking ship is just wrong on so many fronts.
    No sympathy for them knowingly jumping into a sinking ship.

vCash

The one year bowl ban is being accepted.........

Plus another year added on to it, at least........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    No sympathy for them knowingly jumping into a sinking ship.
    They are kids, they made a mistake and went for the flashy instantaneous benefits. IMO, it's an injustice to the "student-athletes" for the NCAA to not rule as promptly as possible so that they have an opportunity to transfer immediately.

Banned
    vCash
    They are kids, they made a mistake and went for the flashy instantaneous benefits. IMO, it's an injustice to the "student-athletes" for the NCAA to not rule as promptly as possible so that they have an opportunity to transfer immediately.

I have no sympathy for the players that signed with them last year. They knew what they were getting. I have no sympathy for any player that took an illegal benefit. You knew this was possible.

vCash
    They knew it was against the rules. They did it anyway and now they pay the price. No injustice has been done to the guilty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Technetium View Post
    "The question for the rebels is, what do they decide to do with it?"

I don't understand this type of question about it. Unless the current allegations will, by themselves, result in the death penalty, the NCAA has every incentive to keep investigating and tacking on additional penalty-causing allegations when they find more evidence. Failing to do so tells other schools that there is a upper limit to how far the NCAA is willing to go, and so continuing to cheat during an investigation has a predictable and capped/limited risk.
    True regarding this statement, but the NCAA's issue at hand concerns their new penalty matrix they introduced in 2013. This is really the first "mega" case where penalties are to be applied via the new matrix and DeviousDog has previously shown that systematically running the numbers results in 40+ scholarship losses (i.e., basically the death penalty in and of itself). And that's just with 21 Level I's (not counting the number of times many of these Level I's occurred more than once, which somebody said it's approaching 100 rules-breaking incidents).

And TCUN is still breaking the rules and can't come to grips that they've gotta play by the NCAA's rules (which they agreed to do upon accepting membership into the NCAA). This case truly is precedent-setting, and as I've said before, will make SMU look like an appetizer compared to the main course the NCAA is about to serve at the dinner table (think TCUN cooked well-done on a platter).
    Last edited by WSOPdawg; 04-27-2017 at 02:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    I have no sympathy for the players that signed with them last year. They knew what they were getting. I have no sympathy for any player that took an illegal benefit. You knew this was possible.
    Agree with Pollo. MSU wasn't good enough for them when they signed on to play for these cheats then, so no way in hell do I want any of them to look to transfer our way when the NCAA drops the hammer. They should be made to lie in the bed they helped make (but they'll be given the opportunity to transfer even though they were aware of the backpacks of cash, loaner vehicles and other "opportunity fund" rewards).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Agree with Pollo. MSU wasn't good enough for them when they signed on to play for these cheats then, so no way in hell do I want any of them to look to transfer our way when the NCAA drops the hammer. They should be made to lie in the bed they helped make (but they'll be given the opportunity to transfer even though they were aware of the backpacks of cash, loaner vehicles and other "opportunity fund" rewards).
    I didn't say they should transfer to MSU, I simply feel like they should be informed as soon as possible about the bowl-ban so that they can transfer to any program that will take them.....Hell, most D-1 schools are probably full and have no room at this point. Doesn't mean the NCAA should drag out the penalty phase to the point where the student-athletes are held hostage and can't go elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Plus another year added on to it, at least........
    No it hasn't. There is nobody to accept the self-imposed sanctions. The members of the COI which will hear this case have not been identified. UNM is way past the point where they could have pre-empted undeclared penalties. They chose the full investigative route. While the COI can include that self-imposed sanction they have no members assigned to do so at this time.

The investigators do not make recommendations in this process they make a report of facts. Not suggested penalties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Maybe. I hear everyone referring to it as a second NOA but I've seen nothing official calling it that. It could be an amended 1st and not subject to repeat offender. That said, if something outside that has been found, I'm under the impression that it won't matter either way. The NCAA will see it as unmitigated arrogance and punish just the same.

My instinct says the NCAA would actually prefer to give them penalties that extend the timeframe in order to be able to come back again if necessary. If the death penalty is used, the NCAA might look like a villain. Probably will be able to attain the same results without the stigma of the term.
    This response is to you and the poster you responded to. The "repeat offender" stipulation has to do with infractions occurring after the COI has handed out penalties to any sport in the atheletic department. For UNM, that happened in Oct. 2016. Any infractions found AFTER that date triggers the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter if is an addendum to the first NOA, if is a part of a 2nd or 3rd NOA. They are already on probation so in infraction that occurs after that date for the next several years is subject to repeat offender, regardless of where the NCAA decides to attach those those infractions to whichever NOA. So far as we know right now, anything discovered to have occurred after last Oct is not with the additional allegations that have been received and are awaiting a response, supposedly. But we know how forthcoming they are with facts so until its made public we can't say for certain. Best guess is the COI completes the penalty phase from the addendum 1st NOA and if these rumors are true a 2nd NOA includes the new infractions occurring after Oct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'll just be happy when State folks don't feel "threatened to cheat" anymore because they don't have to compete with OM's antics when recruiting MS kids. A lot of people don't realize it, but if OM, Auburn, and TN would clean it up the cheating level in the SEC would be next to nothing. No more pressure to keep up with the Jones's. Playing in the SEC has enough benefits. All the cheating occurs because SEC school X is trying to outrecruit SEC school Y. End that and 90%+ of the major cheating would go away.
    Very true.....Rep Given
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Rosebowl doesn't think there is anything to this new rumor of another NOA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    This response is to you and the poster you responded to. The "repeat offender" stipulation has to do with infractions occurring after the COI has handed out penalties to any sport in the atheletic department. For UNM, that happened in Oct. 2016. Any infractions found AFTER that date triggers the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter if is an addendum to the first NOA, if is a part of a 2nd or 3rd NOA. They are already on probation so in infraction that occurs after that date for the next several years is subject to repeat offender, regardless of where the NCAA decides to attach those those infractions to whichever NOA. So far as we know right now, anything discovered to have occurred after last Oct is not with the additional allegations that have been received and are awaiting a response, supposedly. But we know how forthcoming they are with facts so until its made public we can't say for certain. Best guess is the COI completes the penalty phase from the addendum 1st NOA and if these rumors are true a 2nd NOA includes the new infractions occurring after Oct.
    Please explain the October date... the NOA addendum came out in May 2016... That being said.... The NCAA settled the basketball and track issues last fall. That was a FINAL, my understanding, for those two programs, ONLY???? And that FOOTBALL investigation was on going.....

vCash
    I concur, but my larger point is that this thing is bigger than anyone on either side could have imagined.

Players talking to agents and fighting with family members at home they couldn't afford.
    Public drug use
    Former players Openly admitting to taking money
    Academic fraud going back to 2007
    Coaches fired
    Pay for visits
    Recruits lying to investigators
    Burner phones

Their new penalty structure just didn't account for all of this. Additionally the death penalty sounds bad but if they were given that for next year and were told to "start over" it might not have the lasting impact the SMU case had.

Somehow the NCAA needs to bring this thing home with a don't let this happen to you message attached.

Of course the new defense of everyone will be "well we cheated some, but not like Ole Miss did."

I just don't see the NCAA allowing this to be anything but a "we're back" moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Please explain the October date... the NOA addendum came out in May 2016... That being said.... The NCAA settled the basketball and track issues last fall. That was a FINAL, my understanding, for those two programs, ONLY???? And that FOOTBALL investigation was on going.....
    Wouldn't the official probation clock have started the moment the other two programs were place on probation? Resulting in repeat offender status "if" anything happened after that date in any other sport, i.e. OM goes on probation Oct '16 for WBB & Track, "if" a recruiting violation in any other sport occurs after Oct '16 then they could be a repeat offender because it occurred inside their probation window.

vCash

Angry Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

I didn't say they should transfer to MSU, I simply feel like they should be informed as soon as possible about the bowl-ban so that they can transfer to any program that will take them.....Hell, most D-1 schools are probably full and have no room at this point. Doesn't mean the NCAA should drag out the penalty phase to the point where the student-athletes are held hostage and can't go elsewhere.
    IF the players received BENEFITS they will NOT be allowed to transfer..... We know of at least 8 in the class of 2016.... that received benefits.....

SOME Players/RECRUITS and PARENTS have been CAUGHT LYING to the NCAA...

Some High school coaches..... were giving benefits to certain recruits ILLEGAL......
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 04-27-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: LYING to the NCAA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    To be eligible for repeat offender status, you have to have an athletic program (doesn't matter which one, men's or women's) already on probation with the final penalties handed out by the NCAA COI. For them, track and women's basketball, was settled in Oct 2016 and they began the penalty/probation phase. Any sport found to have committed infractions after last Oct (the infraction actually occurring after that date) could trigger the repeat offender clause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I concur, but my larger point is that this thing is bigger than anyone on either side could have imagined.

Players talking to agents and fighting with family members at home they couldn't afford.
    Public drug use
    Former players Openly admitting to taking money
    Academic fraud going back to 2007
    Coaches fired
    Pay for visits
    Recruits lying to investigators
    Burner phones

Their new penalty structure just didn't account for all of this. Additionally the death penalty sounds bad but if they were given that for next year and were told to "start over" it might not have the lasting impact the SMU case had.

Somehow the NCAA needs to bring this thing home with a don't let this happen to you message attached.

Of course the new defense of everyone will be "well we cheated some, but not like Ole Miss did."

I just don't see the NCAA allowing this to be anything but a "we're back" moment.
    I agree and along with others have said that the NCAA are in some uncharted waters with this case. Throw in the new penalty matrix and a much larger HC responsibility (ignorance of what was going on no longer absolves a HC) and that is why every school is watching the final outcome very very closely.

vCash
    Wouldn't the official probation clock have started the moment the other two programs were place on probation? Resulting in repeat offender status "if" anything happened after that date in any other sport, i.e. OM goes on probation Oct '16 for WBB & Track, "if" a recruiting violation in any other sport occurs after Oct '16 then they could be a repeat offender because it occurred inside their probation window.
    That is correct

vCash
    To be eligible for repeat offender status, you have to have an athletic program (doesn't matter which one, men's or women's) already on probation with the final penalties handed out by the NCAA COI. For them, track and women's basketball, was settled in Oct 2016 and they began the penalty/probation phase. Any sport found to have committed infractions after last Oct (the infraction actually occurring after that date) could trigger the repeat offender clause.
    Boy, oh boy is the crap getting deeper... One KNOWN high school coach (an OM booster also) transporting a said recruit to OM football games.... pictures and all shown to others..... What about the former NOA that OM received... was that NOA penalty (maybe 2013) over BEFORE this investigation started????? Eventually it will come out as to WHAT/HOW MUCH these coaches at the local high schools were paid..... ugh

Had someone in the know said that they were told on Monday -- that OM received more NCAA Paperwork.... carry on NCAA.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 04-27-2017 at 05:01 PM.