Thread: Out of the top 12 QBs in the draft, anyone know where MGK finished on Wonderlic?

vCash

Out of the top 12 QBs in the draft, anyone know where MGK finished on Wonderlic?

... 10th! 22 out of 50 questions.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    I suspect he could not see the question correctly. With that cock eye he was at a bad disadvantage.

vCash
    Who were in 11th and 12th places?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I suspect he could not see the question correctly. With that cock eye he was at a bad disadvantage.

I hear he likes Baby Ruths though.

vCash

Yes but the wonderlic doesn't ask religion or bible related questions. That's his

strong suit.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    He did get how to load a machine gun correct. Probably missed how to pick up a stripper thou.

vCash
    Wonder where Dobbs scored?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Wonder where Dobbs scored?
    Dobbs was 4th with a 29. Kaaya was 1st at 34. Watson was lowest with a 20.

vCash
    His eyes probably were an advantage on the abstract shape section.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Who were in 11th and 12th places?
    11) Evans - VT - 21 out of 50
    12) Watson - Clemson - 20 out of 50

There is always abnormalities, but a QB scoring 20/50 like Watson seems to point to a repeat of Vince Young. Course Vince scored a 14 (!) and on his re-take!!
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 04-26-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    22 is not that bad (Brett Favre score), you are average intellect for a QB ... it's the teens and single digit scores that are major red flags. Dan Marino was a 16, but that was probably cocaine induced
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-26-2017 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    22 is not that bad (Brett Favre score), you are average intellect for a QB ... it's the teens and single digit scores that are major red flags. Dan Marino was a 16, but that was probably cocaine induced
    Seems pretty bad though. I saw a sample test a year or two ago (have no idea how accurate a representation it was) and the test wasn't all that difficult. Actually, wasn't difficult at all. Seems like I remember reading that the best score ever was something like a 49 by a qb from Princeton, or maybe one of the other Ivies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Seems pretty bad though. I saw a sample test a year or two ago (have no idea how accurate a representation it was) and the test wasn't all that difficult. Actually, wasn't difficult at all. Seems like I remember reading that the best score ever was something like a 49 by a qb from Princeton, or maybe one of the other Ivies.
    I took a practice one once and scored somewhere in the 20s. The difficulty is around the speed. You only have like 12 minutes to answer 50 questions. I would compare it to and easy IQ test with a much faster time limit. If there was no time limit, you could probably get close to 50 every time.

vCash
    I found a sample one last year that was untimed and got all 50 right. I timed myself to see how long it took me and it was a little over 20 minutes. I teach high school chemistry and physics, so all the head math is a breeze if given the proper time. But averaging answering around 1 question every 15 seconds is hard as hell to do.

I'll be honest, I'm shocked some of these kids score as high as they do. But I think you can see how information processing and successful QB play go hand in hand.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 04-26-2017 at 09:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Speaking of Marino, I watched the 30 for 30 - From Elway to Marino (narrated by Tom Selleck) the other night (again) and was still just as fascinated as I was then when I lived it. That was an awesome time period.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    The Sports honks in Dallas (105.3, the Fan) were saying that the cowboys should draft MGK to back up Dak Prescott. That just shows me that sports talk guys just say stuff just to say stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    The Sports honks in Dallas (105.3, the Fan) were saying that the cowboys should draft MGK to back up Dak Prescott. That just shows me that sports talk guys just say stuff just to say stuff.
    Why should the Cowboys draft him when they could just wait a couple days and sign him to a minimum contract as an undrafted free agent? Simple math

vCash
    Google Wonderlic tests there's a representation you can take, scored a 26 first time I took it.