Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaq Wiggins to Tennessee

vCash
    I don't think it's going too far on a limb to be a little suspicious of UTK's recruitment of Wiggins after he made such a strong appeal to get MSU removed from his blocked schools list.

It sounded like he really wanted to play for Grantham.

"When [Petrino] said Mississippi State, I was like, it had to be deeper than what it seems to be because Louisville doesn't play Mississippi State," Wiggins said. "It just so happened to be Mississippi State on there, once Coach Grantham left.

"I really don't know what's his state of thinking or why he chose to put Mississippi State on there. ... I have no idea why. It's really not fair."

So Friday, Wiggins made his case. And the Mississippi State restriction was lifted.

vCash
    Better depth chart at TN.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Knoxville and Starkville is ridiculous
    How so? If you like more crime, homeless people panhandling you, construction everywhere and a shit load of ugly ass nascar orange then Knoxville is the place for you!! Tennessee is a city university and it's ugly as ****. Sure hiking in the smoky mountains is cool if you're a hipster with no money and nothing else to do but something tells me Wiggins ain't the hiking type.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    How so? If you like more crime, homeless people panhandling you, construction everywhere and a shit load of ugly ass nascar orange then Knoxville is the place for you!! Tennessee is a city university and it's ugly as ****. Sure hiking in the smoky mountains is cool if you're a hipster with no money and nothing else to do but something tells me Wiggins ain't the hiking type.
    You could say the same about Starkville, but without the ugly orange or mountain hiking.

vCash
    Why is Shaq leaving Louisville in the first place? Would he have started there this year?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    You could say the same about Starkville, but without the ugly orange or mountain hiking.
    Ok but students go to school at Mississippi State University not Starkville University and our campus blows Tennessee's out the water. Fact.

vCash
    Ok but students go to school at Mississippi State University not Starkville University and our campus blows Tennessee's out the water. Fact.
    That's true.

vCash
    Agree to disagree... no fan of UT but I travel to Knoxville often and there's tons more to do there than Starkville. And I grew up in Starkville... Knoxville is definitely appealing to 18 year olds. With that said, there's even more to do in Nashville, but Vandy isn't landing high profile 'cruits!
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    nope not pissed but it's just funny to me that when we miss there is always the "Maybe we didnt need him anyway" talk.
    There is. And we could've used him on the field, but sometimes it's good when guys go to other schools. Snoop, Tobias, Channing Ward, Cam Newton, etc... that's not saying they aren't great players. Just not worth the locker room problems or NCAA heat it would've brought. Wiggins is a little different in that he's got some coattail leaches that have tried to hook onto him. I don't know if he's fallen for it or not, but best not to have those types hanging around imo.