Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ESPN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    So you don't like Tebow or Dak's back story being talked about? The part many of you are missing is that ESPN and journalist have ALWAYS talked about the lives of athletes. The difference isn't as much in the coverage as it is in the actual athletes.

Jenner used to be an athlete. I didn't care for them giving him/her an award either but we are sitting here talking about it a year later which is exactly why they did it. I didn't care to watch Michael Sam kiss his boyfriend in the mouth but it is a moment I will never forget no matter how hard I try. That's just TV in general. Shock value sells.

The most interesting part is that the argument that PC is killng ESPN but espn just jettisoned the dead weight of people who didn't do it and kept those who did. Maybe just maybe they know those they are losing aren't their target demographic anymore anyway. My guess is they are going after millennials and women.

P.S. this liberal has learned his lesson about who gets banned around here and for what. Let's just say those who cry about people being PC sure try to keep this place their type of PC.
    Tebow, not really. Dak.....Maybe, but I like watching him play even more. The ONLY reason I am even remotely interested in Dak's is he is a MSU man. That's what MSU media is for, and Dallas media. Whatever happened to just enjoying The GAMES? Of those I mentioned the human interest stuff is the least objectionable by far. Politics and social justice engineering, of whatever stripe, when mixed with sports make me want to change the channel. That includes having females comment in what are generally considered male sports.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 04-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Well then say what you're for / against douche. I'm saying I don't want my kids to see the garbage produced by espn outside of the sports events that we have no choice of watching unless it's on those channels. My guess is you'll say the word snowflake again without actually putting forth any discussion.
    I think it's important to let kids be exposed to opposing view points, otherwise they end up being unable to think critically or intelligently.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Hate to break it to you but everything isn't a PC culture war against you.

The decline of ESPN has more to do with the rise of the web and websites. You used to depend on ESPN to know scores and stats and what happened in a game but now you can just click to a website and get the highlights you want to see when you want to see it.

You used to have to watch sportscenter and wait for that 10 sec clip. And then they just played SC on a loop all day long until 6pm and have a new episode.
    Wrong. Hate to break it to you that just about every American not stuck on either coast, does not turn in to sports to hear a liberal left political opinion. ESPN has just about turned every broadcast into an attempt to push a political agenda and talking points. I'm sorry you can't see this, but it's the main reason people are tuning out. You never see the Bob Costas segments during broadcasts? Just about always political.

Do you think the sudden drop in NFL viewers after Kapernikus' anti American Steve by and praises of the sports media( ESPN) was just coincidence? Come on man, get out of your bubble and start calling a spade a spade.

And what ESPN apparently cannot understand is the liberal millennial target they have shifted toward in the last 10 years, is the exact same portion of the country that is cutting he cables and does not see the need to pay for television. The stats and studies are there to prove millenials aren't paying for TV subscriptions, buying homes, cars, etc. my only guess is that the ideology ESPN is trying to shove down everyone's throats is blinding them from seeing reality.

ETA do you recall any player or team being vilified for supporting a presidential candidate? Why did they start doing this in last 6-12 months? Does political choice impact how well Tom Brady plays or how successful the patriots are? The media in this country has an agenda and the last 6-12 months should have proven that to everyone paying attention. If anyone has not come to the conclusion the media is pushing for one ultimate goal, then you either want that goal yourself, are mentally disabled, or completely oblivious to that which takes place around you. Cannot be any other answer because all bases are covered here.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 04-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    no bigger example of victim culture than the Right's interpretation of other's rights & views that have no effect on their personal lives as a personal attack.

enjoy your safe space

Yes, glad we can all agree Kapernick should have been more politically correct instead of expressing his politically incorrect views

the only snowflakes I see are the ones melting b/c their outdated source of sports information forces them to acknowledge the fact that straight white males aren't the only ones that represent American Sports. Women have opinions on basketball, gay dudes play football, illegal immigrants are baseball stars, people don't feel patriotic when they see their tax dollars paying for administrative leave for someone who just killed an unarmed citizen. Ignoring it and being constantly offended doesn't make it go away.

/

aside from the UCONN win & 2014 rise to #1 I haven't watched ESPN since the mid-2000s - not b/c I give ashit who or what they put on tv but b/c I can watch live sports & get real-time updates via an app & watch highlights on Twitter 30 seconds after they happen.
    You do realize your entire post is text book snowflake deflect and attack, right? It's comical because the ones who preach tolerance and free speech, opinion, etc. are the very same ones who shout down or discredit speech they don't agree with. Comical I tell ya. Your response provided 0.000 evidence to disprove thenposts you don't agree with. You simply shouted them down and told them to go to a safe space. Typical left wing tactic. Deflect and attack, without providing a factual argument.

That's why there is ALWAYS an emotional attachment to left political agendas. You can't reform EPA regulations because "Children will die" and you don't want to be the reason children die, donyoy? . Can't reform health care, MediCare, or Medicaid because "old people will die". Surely you don't hate old people. . Everything they push is attached to some extreme emotional tie because the policies never work. To stay in power and push their agenda they strike fear in their voters minds that the other side hates women, children, old people, LGBT, Hispanics, monitories, etc.

If just for one second people would step back and look at the ridiculousness of these accusations. So only one political party likes women, is composed of some old people, minotories, actually has children and families? No. this is why we have divide in this country. One political party is hell bent on dumbing down society and striking fear in their voters in order to stay in power. Period.