Thread: ESPN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    I won't let my kids just watch ESPN without it being a certain sporting event because of the garbage that's there, the exact same reason we don't watch news networks.
    To be fair, I wouldn't let children listen braindead old morons drone on about team chemistry and locker room guys and momentum either.

Oh wait, you're just scared of the outside world -- that's a healthy approach to parenting.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    To be fair, I wouldn't let children listen braindead old morons drone on about team chemistry and locker room guys and momentum either.

Oh wait, you're just scared of the outside world -- that's a healthy approach to parenting.

Or, you know, he just wants to be a responsible parent and monitor what his children see on tv the best way he can without seeking your approval or any snark from you over it. I don't know why, but posts like this irritate the fire out of me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Or, you know, he just wants to be a responsible parent and monitor what his children see on tv the best way he can without seeking your approval or any snark from you over it. I don't know why, but posts like this irritate the fire out of me.
    He didn't mention the content being appropriate, rather that he just disagrees with it -- that's the most weakwilled, snowflakeyest mindset I've ever heard.

vCash

Huh? We spend our life in the outside world, sports, fishing, grilling, everything we can. But yeah I could teach my kids to be a douchebag like you on espn and cnn, maybe a little protesting (rioting) instead of working. No thanks, we're doing good.

vCash
    Huh? We spend our life in the outside world, sports, fishing, grilling, everything we can. But yeah I could teach my kids to be a douchebag like you on espn and cnn, maybe a little protesting (rioting) instead of working. No thanks, we're doing good.
    Children always follow the orders of their parents, as I did, and I'm sure you did.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Children always follow the orders of their parents, as I did, and I'm sure you did.***
    I rebelled against my parents at every turn, and I hope my kids do too. That's what being a kid is all about. However, when they grow up and get it together, if they were brought up correctly, they will know all the right things and have an enormous amount of knowledge, most of it taught and some of it learned on top of that. But the crazy media, espn included going on right now is not real life. It's made for TV. I don't keep my kids from it but we don't watch that garbage on TV at home. Espn is the sports version of cnn and they're both dying. It's a good thing.

vCash
    You don't know anything about me. All I know is that you're scared of ESPN corrupting your children and that's pitiful snowflake logic.

vCash
    You don't know anything about me. All I know is that you're scared of ESPN corrupting your children and that's pitiful snowflake logic.
    Well then say what you're for / against douche. I'm saying I don't want my kids to see the garbage produced by espn outside of the sports events that we have no choice of watching unless it's on those channels. My guess is you'll say the word snowflake again without actually putting forth any discussion.

vCash
    Well then say what you're for / against douche. I'm saying I don't want my kids to see the garbage produced by espn outside of the sports events that we have no choice of watching unless it's on those channels. My guess is you'll say the word snowflake again without actually putting forth any discussion.
    Calling people douches is grounds for banishment.

Banned
    vCash

He didn't mention the content being appropriate, rather that he just disagrees with it -- that's the most weakwilled, snowflakeyest mindset I've ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Calling people douches is grounds for banishment.
    You banned him for calling the other guy a douche after he told him how he should raise his own children? Savage

Banned
    vCash
    Dude A: "I monitor what my kids watch"
    Dude B: "Youre stupid."
    Dude A: "You're a douche."

Dude A: Banned. Whatever commandant Klink. ������

vCash
    I think it's important to let kids be exposed to opposing view points, otherwise they end up being unable to think critically or intelligently.