Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ESPN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Yes the Clay Travis article is exactly right, and the second article from espn just proves it. They are doubling down on the leftist agenda and they will lose just like the presidential race. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

It's funny just here on this small message board how many people say they will not watch espn anymore because of them pushing the left crap, yet you STILL have the 2 or 3 with their heads in the sand saying that it's a tiny percentage. It's not, it's a large percentage, the NFL numbers this season show the exact same thing. You people with heads in the sand are the small percentage.
    NFL ratings had way more to do w trump and Hillary drawing ratings than being left wing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    NFL ratings had way more to do w trump and Hillary drawing ratings than being left wing.
    You forgot the **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Uh, no. Maybe their night games the two times a debate was going on. But their Sunday noon and 3:15 ratings being down were not bc of the presidential election.

On ESPN, cord cutting is a huge problem. No question. But all you have to do is read the comments on the article shotgun linked and on message boards like this and it is obvious Espn is alienating its lead demographic, is consciously aware of doing so, and doesn't care. Anyone who thinks that is not hurting their bottom line is insane.

vCash
    Is there a list to see who got laid off?

vCash
    I said this months ago the mother ship was sinking..
    They fire some of these good one and the hire ****ing Rex Ryan.. you doing the math??? I am..

vCash
    Besdies the actual games themselves. Espn is the leader in 2 spots. College game day ( which is getting old) and college game day basketball ( they are the only game in town).

NFL Sunday .. they are behind NFL network for sure and Fox
    MLB -well behind MLB network
    NBA- TNT ( with Charles and crew ) not even close

vCash
    I won't let my kids just watch ESPN without it being a certain sporting event because of the garbage that's there, the exact same reason we don't watch news networks.
    To be fair, I wouldn't let children listen braindead old morons drone on about team chemistry and locker room guys and momentum either.

Oh wait, you're just scared of the outside world -- that's a healthy approach to parenting.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    To be fair, I wouldn't let children listen braindead old morons drone on about team chemistry and locker room guys and momentum either.

Oh wait, you're just scared of the outside world -- that's a healthy approach to parenting.

Or, you know, he just wants to be a responsible parent and monitor what his children see on tv the best way he can without seeking your approval or any snark from you over it. I don't know why, but posts like this irritate the fire out of me.

vCash
    The ratings aren't the problem. They spent way too much on TV contracts and now have to make the math work. I like that everyone is complaining about ESPN being politicized while basically making this whole thing about politics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Or, you know, he just wants to be a responsible parent and monitor what his children see on tv the best way he can without seeking your approval or any snark from you over it. I don't know why, but posts like this irritate the fire out of me.
    He didn't mention the content being appropriate, rather that he just disagrees with it -- that's the most weakwilled, snowflakeyest mindset I've ever heard.

vCash

Huh? We spend our life in the outside world, sports, fishing, grilling, everything we can. But yeah I could teach my kids to be a douchebag like you on espn and cnn, maybe a little protesting (rioting) instead of working. No thanks, we're doing good.

vCash
    Huh? We spend our life in the outside world, sports, fishing, grilling, everything we can. But yeah I could teach my kids to be a douchebag like you on espn and cnn, maybe a little protesting (rioting) instead of working. No thanks, we're doing good.
    Children always follow the orders of their parents, as I did, and I'm sure you did.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Children always follow the orders of their parents, as I did, and I'm sure you did.***
    I rebelled against my parents at every turn, and I hope my kids do too. That's what being a kid is all about. However, when they grow up and get it together, if they were brought up correctly, they will know all the right things and have an enormous amount of knowledge, most of it taught and some of it learned on top of that. But the crazy media, espn included going on right now is not real life. It's made for TV. I don't keep my kids from it but we don't watch that garbage on TV at home. Espn is the sports version of cnn and they're both dying. It's a good thing.

vCash
    You don't know anything about me. All I know is that you're scared of ESPN corrupting your children and that's pitiful snowflake logic.

vCash
    You don't know anything about me. All I know is that you're scared of ESPN corrupting your children and that's pitiful snowflake logic.
    Well then say what you're for / against douche. I'm saying I don't want my kids to see the garbage produced by espn outside of the sports events that we have no choice of watching unless it's on those channels. My guess is you'll say the word snowflake again without actually putting forth any discussion.

vCash
    I think ESPN should have as little politics as possible- left or right. I just don't want to hear politics when I watch sports.

vCash
    Bottom Line, Cats... the pendulum has swung and ESPN is gonna get clipped...

MESPNGA!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Bottom Line, Cats... the pendulum has swung and ESPN is gonna get clipped...

MESPNGA!
    Yep

vCash
    The rise of websites to deliver the content is also because of the decline of ESPN and their decision to cater to the fringe instead of what built them. There is a demand out there that is anything but ESPN, just like some of the news networks. I won't let my kids just watch ESPN without it being a certain sporting event because of the garbage that's there, the exact same reason we don't watch news networks.
    This, btw, is why it's not about their politics. You are as against them and their political stances as possible, yet you still subscribe.

The commenters on the article...are on ESPN and giving their time to them, and are almost certainly still subscribers.

vCash
    I don't know why nobody understand this. ESPNs numbers aren't tanking because of politics or social issues. ESPN shelled out ridiculous cash for broadcast rights and then passed that along to the viewer by jacking up their subscriber fee to the cable companies. Cable companies then raise their rates. Subscribers then cut the cord because now there are tons of options to watch everything you want without hemorrhaging your money to a cable company.