Was going to get some of yall's thoughts on why UGA is average in the big 3. After reading the golf thread, it made me think about their recent lack of success in any of the major 3 men's sports. How do they consistently underachieve? I know Random thinks they are turning the corner in football and they may be. I still can't wrap my head around their baseball program being average at best and basketball being pretty terrible.

They should be going to the CWS just about every other year with the built in advantages they should have in that sport. So much talent comes out of the ATL metro and surrounding areas for baseball. Not only that but several of the biggest travel ball tourneys are held in GA every year. They should be killing the baseball recruiting.

Basketball, I honestly don't know much about basketball recruiting but would assume that the ATL metro would produce some top talent year in and year out and yet they continue to be pretty bad.

Football, we will have to wait and see. They haven't been able to get over the hump in a down east. I do think they are improving. I also think it will still take some time to know if Smart can coach. We know he can recruit but will have to wait and see on his coaching ability.

Thoughts?