Thread: Some school in Mississippi should be on the phone

vCash

Some school in Mississippi should be on the phone

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...ed-state-title

Coach fired after winning state title in Texas for no reason, or because of his race?

vCash
    Where is ACLU and the NAAWP?

vCash
    Surprised there's not more replies to this, actually no I'm not. I don't understand why some people are scared to talk about this and some others don't want to talk about it.

Banned
    vCash
    I look forward to a.m. radio in Dallas tomorrow.

vCash
    Well he didn't beat Alabama so according to Rando that's enough reason to fire him.**

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Surprised there's not more replies to this, actually no I'm not. I don't understand why some people are scared to talk about this and some others don't want to talk about it.
    I agree. That said...in before the lock.

vCash
    Mississippi schools likely can't pay enough to tempt that guy to leave Texas. It's unreal what big time high school coaches make there. Don't feel too sorry for him. He will have another job pretty quick. If he is that good the school that fired him will rue the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If he is that good the school that fired him will rue the day.
    Yancy approves this fate.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Mississippi schools likely can't pay enough to tempt that guy to leave Texas. It's unreal what big time high school coaches make there. Don't feel too sorry for him. He will have another job pretty quick. If he is that good the school that fired him will rue the day.
    true.....like 6 figure salaries. and no, i am not kidding. and that's for even average coaches. It was crazy what their booster clubs and athletic programs will compensate for football coaches.
    i coached under one coach in TN whose salary was closing in on a 6 figure sum, but what districts, really the people, in TX are willing to pay is on par with what many district superintendents make.....or more
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...ed-state-title

Coach fired after winning state title in Texas for no reason, or because of his race?
    Technically he hasn't been fired, his contract hasn t been renewed yet. He's still the coach until a decision is made by the school board. The article makes it sound like the school board is a screwed up POS organization that lets BS get in the way of intelligent decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    lets BS get in the way of intelligent decisions.
    I've read everything on this & this sounds about right.