Thread: Colleges producing the best NFL players

vCash

Colleges producing the best NFL players

Interesting article by Espn.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...st-nfl-players

That looked at draft positions and compared it to NFL productivity since 2002.

One thing that is super interesting is the fact that Alabama ranked as the worst O Line factory. 14 draft picks and not a very good NFL production rate.

Hail State is one of the top sleepers by draft picks in the 5-7 rounds.
    If there wasn't a minimal number of draft picks, I bet miss state would be up there on the ranks. We do not have a whole lot, but the ones who do get drafted usually have alot of production. Dak, Slay, BMac, Fletch, K.J, and Gabe have to rank up there.
    Last edited by BigEasyDawg; 04-25-2017 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Something remarkable to me is that we haven't really had any NFL busts under Mullen; all of our players drafted during his tenure either meet or exceed the expectations corresponding to when they're drafted. Closest we've had as far as I can see are JRob, who clearly wasn't ready and drafted very late anyway, and Redmond, who was an injury risk going in and still has time to get his career going. I think that says a lot about the culture of our program and the mentality that results from spending time in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Something remarkable to me is that we haven't really had any NFL busts under Mullen; all of our players drafted during his tenure either meet or exceed the expectations corresponding to when they're drafted. Closest we've had as far as I can see are JRob, who clearly wasn't ready and drafted very late anyway, and Redmond, who was an injury risk going in and still has time to get his career going. I think that says a lot about the culture of our program and the mentality that results from spending time in it.
    I don't think Banks has met expectations.

What would be interesting as well is that instead of just looking at the results, would be tie recruiting rankings into the process & see which schools are making players better. Also, 15 years is a ton of years & no doubt we are hurt by the Croom years being tied into this. If you look at the past 8 years, my guess is that we'd stack up much better.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He definitely met expectations his first two seasons, earning a starting job the second, then he was abruptly traded and slid off the map. I wasn't really counting him because I think it's pretty obvious there's a little more going on with his situation than meets the eye, whatever it might be. He just signed a contract with the Bears and still has time to put together a solid career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

What would be interesting as well is that instead of just looking at the results, would be tie recruiting rankings into the process & see which schools are making players better. Also, 15 years is a ton of years & no doubt we are hurt by the Croom years being tied into this. If you look at the past 8 years, my guess is that we'd stack up much better.
    I agreed. The fact that we had 3 Pro bowl players last year speaks volumes. In the next few years we might have 4 or 5 pro bowlers with Bmac and Jones, not counting if Gabe can continue to get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Meh, we had a TE drafted last year and I'm not sure he caught a single pass. Dallas has to be pissed.