Thread: LFL question

vCash

LFL question

I'm waiting to get confirmation from him, but I may be bringing my brother in law to the Dude for his first time ever this weekend. Either Sat or Sun. He's a fan of another school (not OM), but has always wanted to see the Dude and specifically the LFL.

That being said, it's been a few years since I've been in the lounge...I have been getting chair backs the last few years of games I've attended....so is there any ED's with rigs we could stop by? Or should I just take him strolling through and let the hospitality take over? What do you guys suggest to maximize his experience?

(If he can't go this weekend, we're going to the LSU series so the question remains)

vCash
    I would go by Hobie's Tickie Bar rig in right field. Great guy.

vCash
    The last time I tried to let hospitality take over, I was very disappointed. I took my son (18) for his first LFL experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm waiting to get confirmation from him, but I may be bringing my brother in law to the Dude for his first time ever this weekend. Either Sat or Sun. He's a fan of another school (not OM), but has always wanted to see the Dude and specifically the LFL.

That being said, it's been a few years since I've been in the lounge...I have been getting chair backs the last few years of games I've attended....so is there any ED's with rigs we could stop by? Or should I just take him strolling through and let the hospitality take over? What do you guys suggest to maximize his experience?

(If he can't go this weekend, we're going to the LSU series so the question remains)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketCityDawg View Post
    The last time I tried to let hospitality take over, I was very disappointed. I took my son (18) for his first LFL experience.

It's a tough spot to be in. I don't have a rig or typically sit in the LFL but I can imagine how this is played out...especially on big weekends. Folks that have no vested interest in any rig or anything being cooked wander around and partake with everybody else...couple of folks a weekend, no big deal...couple folks an inning, it gets ridiculous. A lot of time, money, and energy goes into those set ups and for folks just to wander up, take the good fence standing areas, and grab some grub could get more than a little frustrating. Even when I'm invited to come hang out on someone's rig I'm overly conscious of trying to not take over or be a nuisance to those that put a lot of time and effort in all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    It's a tough spot to be in. I don't have a rig or typically sit in the LFL but I can imagine how this is played out...especially on big weekends. Folks that have no vested interest in any rig or anything being cooked wander around and partake with everybody else...couple of folks a weekend, no big deal...couple folks an inning, it gets ridiculous. A lot of time, money, and energy goes into those set ups and for folks just to wander up, take the good fence standing areas, and grab some grub could get more than a little frustrating. Even when I'm invited to come hang out on someone's rig I'm overly conscious of trying to not take over or be a nuisance to those that put a lot of time and effort in all season.
    I agree with this completely. I asked 3 or 4 rigs if they minded if I could hang out for awhile and let my son experience the LFL. I was very humble and said we would stay out of their way and don't want any food. I got there early, waaaayyy before the game started. My son was also in a cast from his Tommy John surgery, which I thought might get us some sympathy. No go. I even offered the last rig owner that we tried $100 if he would just let us watch the game from his giant rig. No go. So, we gave up and snuck into the chairbacks.

vCash
    Cadaver and RCD, check your pm's.

vCash
    Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to taking him for the first time and showing him the Mecca of college baseball, the way we all have gotten used to.