Thread: It's happening in Starkville!

vCash

It's happening in Starkville!

This weekend. Be there if at all possible. This is one of the most important baseball series we have had in a while( I know they are all important). This team deserves our support and we need a super crowd.

vCash
    Your coffee kicked in early, didn't it.
    Isn't there a big important wedding this weekend as well? 😳
    Last edited by Drugdog; 04-25-2017 at 07:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This weekend. Be there if at all possible. This is one of the most important baseball series we have had in a while( I know they are all important). This team deserves our support and we need a super crowd.
    And here I was thinking you were talking about my daughter's ballet recital.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I've often wondered why we couldn't challenge our all time attendance record on a weekend like this. I know we play up super bulldog weekend, but truthfully they usually fall a few weeks before any truly meaningful series is played; and sometimes they don't come around at all. I know football is big and that's a draw, but does anybody really expect to see anything meaningful from that "game"? This weekend pits two top 10 teams in the entire country, a game you could only witness in besides Starkville, being Omaha. Spring time with the best weather of the year, nothing to keep students away from campus for the weekend, and maybe only the occasional wedding to keep those within a 2 hour radius away.

Who's with me? Let's do this! Come on! Let's go!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I've often wondered why we couldn't challenge our all time attendance record on a weekend like this. I know we play up super bulldog weekend, but truthfully they usually fall a few weeks before any truly meaningful series is played; and sometimes they don't come around at all. I know football is big and that's a draw, but does anybody really expect to see anything meaningful from that "game"? This weekend pits two top 10 teams in the entire country, a game you could only witness in besides Starkville, being Omaha. Spring time with the best weather of the year, nothing to keep students away from campus for the weekend, and maybe only the occasional wedding to keep those within a 2 hour radius away.

Who's with me? Let's do this! Come on! Let's go!!!
    I plan on coming up this weekend and sitting in the bleachers with one of my old roommates but if you told me that they were expecting 15,000+ I would stay at home. The attendance records are great but that is too many people crammed in there if you are really interested in watching the game unless you have chairback seats or a spot in the outfield. I guess I'm just old.

vCash
    Our record crowds don't seem to equate to wins or advantage, just a perception that I can't back with numbers...

A full dude is like a full Maracana for Brazilian soccer, it amps the other guys too

vCash
    Heard one of the player's Mom, I really feel uncomfortable breaking this, plans to provide homebaked cookies to a player who may, MAY eat them in the locker room before the game! This is selfish and needs to stop. Hope Coach pulls the scholarship and bans the mother from The DNF.

That is BTW, major sarcasm - for the Literal Brigade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Heard one of the player's Mom, I really feel uncomfortable breaking this, plans to provide homebaked cookies to a player who may, MAY eat them in the locker room before the game! This is selfish and needs to stop. Hope Coach pulls the scholarship and bans the mother from The DNF.

That is BTW, major sarcasm - for the Literal Brigade.
    Brackey says that's ok unless the cookies are snickerdoodle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    nothing to keep students away from campus for the weekend
    Classes end Wednesday, just sayin