Thread: Hey MSSTATE 7 and other Braves fans

vCash

Hey MSSTATE 7 and other Braves fans

Brave nation is almost in total meltdown. They are finally waking up that this team is almost 1989 bad. MS7, like I said at the end of SP when they kept Peterson, D'nard and Bonifacio as the bench we were in Big Trouble. Someone earlier had posted that we have no bench. We do have a bench. It is currently playing 3rd CF, catcher and LF when Kemp is on the DL which is gonna be a common occurrence this year.. Hope that Howard can play 3rd. If things keep on going the way it has been look for Ron Washington to be the next interm manager. I wondered why they got him.

vCash
    This is a very bad team.

Thankfully the things look good down on the farm.****

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    Number one Swanson should have never been put in the 2 slot. I hope he can recover from that, Alvies must need more seasoning otherwise they would have never signed old man phillips. Now we have old man Kemp and about to get old man Howard. I wish we could get old man Julio Franco as our utility player. Heck I bet h can still jack it.

vCash
    Concerns:
    1. Swanson not hitting
    2. Wisler and Blair looking more like busts
    3. Fried isn't looking good

I'm happy:
    1. Folty is looking like he could actually become a TOR pitcher
    2. Albies is playing well
    3. Sims, Weigel, soroka, withrow, and allard all looking strong in our upper minors.

Wait and see:
    1. Newcomb not coming out strong
    2. Phillips, colon, Garcia (pitcher), and dickey look good and could be nice trade bait
    3. Inciarte struggling right now, but early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Brave nation is almost in total meltdown. They are finally waking up that this team is almost 1989 bad. MS7, like I said at the end of SP when they kept Peterson, D'nard and Bonifacio as the bench we were in Big Trouble. Someone earlier had posted that we have no bench. We do have a bench. It is currently playing 3rd CF, catcher and LF when Kemp is on the DL which is gonna be a common occurrence this year.. Hope that Howard can play 3rd. If things keep on going the way it has been look for Ron Washington to be the next interm manager. I wondered why they got him.
    small sample size and such. WAY too early to draw many conclusions. position by position long-term analysis:

1B: Fredi. he's a beast, and locked up.
    2B: Albies. Looks like he'll be an All-Star, AND can back up SS (key for constructing a bench).
    SS: Swanson. he'll be fine. he has been hitting line drives right at people, the advanced stats back that up.
    3B: complete unknown. maybe Riley, maybe Maitain in about 4 years.
    CF: Inciarte. i hope his bat comes around, but even if he doesn't he's a better than average CF.
    LF: unknown. probably Dustin Peterson at some point next year. he's rehabbing an injury now or he'd be starting in AAA.
    RF: unknown. probable FA. maybe Acuna in a couple years.
    C: unknown. Alex Jackson looks like a huge steal from Sea right now. if he can't handle catching, his bat will still play in the outfield.

SP: Sims and Newcomb will be up by this time next year. Blair and Wisler will be given a chance, if they can turn things around a little in AAA then they'll probably get a shot the 2nd half of this year. Teheran and Folty, locked up for years. Fried will be rushed, as he's already on the 40 man. Soroka, Gohera, and Allard by late next year, maybe 2019. 3 or 4 of the draftees from last year look awesome, but that will be a few years away. PLENTY of trade pieces. there's so many i'm sure a forgot several.

RP: pieces out the ying yang. AJ Minter is the next Kimbrel if he's healthy. no worries here.

conclusion: calm your tits. 2018 is the year to start competing. this year they took a flier out on competing, but it was likely that it wouldn't work out and they would sell at mid-year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    small sample size and such. WAY too early to draw many conclusions. position by position long-term analysis:

1B: Fredi. he's a beast, and locked up.
    2B: Albies. Looks like he'll be an All-Star, AND can back up SS (key for constructing a bench).
    SS: Swanson. he'll be fine. he has been hitting line drives right at people, the advanced stats back that up.
    3B: complete unknown. maybe Riley, maybe Maitain in about 4 years.
    CF: Inciarte. i hope his bat comes around, but even if he doesn't he's a better than average CF.
    LF: unknown. probably Dustin Peterson at some point next year. he's rehabbing an injury now or he'd be starting in AAA.
    RF: unknown. probable FA. maybe Acuna in a couple years.
    C: unknown. Alex Jackson looks like a huge steal from Sea right now. if he can't handle catching, his bat will still play in the outfield.

SP: Sims and Newcomb will be up by this time next year. Blair and Wisler will be given a chance, if they can turn things around a little in AAA then they'll probably get a shot the 2nd half of this year. Teheran and Folty, locked up for years. Fried will be rushed, as he's already on the 40 man. Soroka, Gohera, and Allard by late next year, maybe 2019. 3 or 4 of the draftees from last year look awesome, but that will be a few years away. PLENTY of trade pieces. there's so many i'm sure a forgot several.

RP: pieces out the ying yang. AJ Minter is the next Kimbrel if he's healthy. no worries here.

conclusion: calm your tits. 2018 is the year to start competing. this year they took a flier out on competing, but it was likely that it wouldn't work out and they would sell at mid-year.
    Good post, boom.

Love Jackson right now. What's Dustin Peterson timetable on a return?

vCash
    I borrowed this from the Braves Reddit:

vCash
    The only thing I question on that chart is Weigel not having really good stuff. Dude throws near 100 with good breaking balls. Only question on him is command and walks. So far, so really good.

vCash
    Didn't Touki Toussaint start out really good last year? Hopefully we get some bats to go with all this pitching. Tehran and Folty are the beginnings of a great rotation over the next few years. Freddie has locked down 1st and Swanson looks the part at SS if he can get balls to find some holes. Philips is good enough bridge to get to Albies. The outfield is decent if healthy. I like Ender in CF with Kemp and Markakis in the corners if healthy. The problem is Kemp doesn't stay healthy very long. The starters aren't bad but the bench is pretty much straight garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Didn't Touki Toussaint start out really good last year? Hopefully we get some bats to go with all this pitching. Tehran and Folty are the beginnings of a great rotation over the next few years. Freddie has locked down 1st and Swanson looks the part at SS if he can get balls to find some holes. Philips is good enough bridge to get to Albies. The outfield is decent if healthy. I like Ender in CF with Kemp and Markakis in the corners if healthy. The problem is Kemp doesn't stay healthy very long. The starters aren't bad but the bench is pretty much straight garbage.
    No, Touki started off horribly last year and then really picked it up as the year went along.

The bats are coming. Acuna, Jackson, Riley, Pache, Cruz, Maitan, Severino, Gutierrez all with a ton of potential in A+ or lower.

Albies will be here soon, Peterson has potential and will start playing probably in Gwinnett soon, and then Demeritte is showing out in AA so far.

We've got bats.

vCash
    How the hell does Sims have a .72 WHIP and a 2.70 ERA? That's really hard to do. Not sure I've ever seen an ERA/WHIP split like that. Glad to see he's started off well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    No, Touki started off horribly last year and then really picked it up as the year went along.

The bats are coming. Acuna, Jackson, Riley, Pache, Cruz, Maitan, Severino, Gutierrez all with a ton of potential in A+ or lower.

Albies will be here soon, Peterson has potential and will start playing probably in Gwinnett soon, and then Demeritte is showing out in AA so far.

We've got bats.
    Agree with it all except demeritte showing out at AA. He's .220/.313/.373. Have you been watching boni too long to give you the idea .686 ops is showing out? Haha His k rate is down though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Agree with it all except demeritte showing out at AA. He's .220/.313/.373. Have you been watching boni too long to give you the idea .686 ops is showing out? Haha His k rate is down though
    Yeah, I hadn't looked in a few days. He's gone extremely cold over the last 6-8 games, dropped his OPS from .900. The last two alone dropped it about 120 points.

Wait and see, I guess. I'm extremely encouraged by the improved K rate. The hitting and power will come back up soon.

vCash
    Yeah, I hadn't looked in a few days. He's gone extremely cold over the last 6-8 games, dropped his OPS from .900. The last two alone dropped it about 120 points.

Wait and see, I guess. I'm extremely encouraged by the improved K rate. The hitting and power will come back up soon.
    Trustmark isn't a power hitter's friend either

vCash

We've got bats.
    Is it worth my time to go to Gwinnett and catch a game? I live in Alpharetta so is it worth the drive over?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Concerns:
    3. Fried isn't looking good
    I went and saw him last week in Pearl. He's got the stuff. He just has to improve his command and quit walking people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Is it worth my time to go to Gwinnett and catch a game? I live in Alpharetta so is it worth the drive over?
    Depends. It's a pretty fun time, just depends on whether or not you care about the guys in Gwinnett. Personally, I think it's worth it just to see Albies.

It's worth your time to get to Rome when Anderson is pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I went and saw him last week in Pearl. He's got the stuff. He just has to improve his command and quit walking people.
    Today...
    7.0 ip 1 h 0 er 1 bb 6 k

Very nice start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Brave nation is almost in total meltdown.
    Braves are the Worst team in baseball. Have they been 'mathematically' eliminated yet?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Does anyone here watch the Generals. Just got finished watching them take two from Biloxi and them boys can hit. They have a very aggressive philosophy at the plate and on the basepath. Very entertaining.
    Last edited by parabrave; 04-26-2017 at 01:30 AM.