Thread: Fred Smoot CRUSHED interview on OOB today on Dak "Russell McNair"

vCash

Fred Smoot CRUSHED interview on OOB today on Dak "Russell McNair"

Smoot stopped by today & was on fire - talking Dak, Mullen & the Redskins.

Itunes podcast: http://apple.co/29tmwOm
    Podcast on Out of Bounds Radio App: http://*******/1l69XZN
    Direct website: http://*******/2oUKv1k

Bo Bounds
    The Out of Bounds Show
    ESPN 105.9 The Zone
    thezone1059.com
    Twitter: @bobounds
    Jackson, MS

vCash
    Awesome job.

vCash
    Great interview. Smoot needs to be a regular on the show.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Great interview - I love the Steve McNair comparison. My favorite player & you can't name a grittier QB to wear an NFL jersey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Great interview. Smoot needs to be a regular on the show.
    A show with Smoot on it would seriously challenge Rosebowl for top billing on BSR and the radio shows.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    A show with Smoot on it would seriously challenge Rosebowl for top billing on BSR and the radio shows.
    How about Smoot and Rosebowl?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    How about Smoot and Rosebowl?

[IMG][/IMG]

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I don't know if Smoot is too big time to come on a show in MS regularly or not, but if he is willing to do one on a regular basis it's insane that no one has asked him to be a regular guest. He is radio gold.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    "... a guy that weighs 300 lbs that smells like bacon"

OMG I love it!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    "... a guy that weighs 300 lbs that smells like bacon"
    OMG I love it!!
    Yep, Smoot just perfectly described what we are missing on our OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    Great interview - I love the Steve McNair comparison. My favorite player & you can't name a grittier QB to wear an NFL jersey.
    #4 Brett Favre

vCash
    It shouldn't be too hard to get him to do a segment once a week during football season at least. I would call it Corner Coverage with Fred Smoot.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    #4 Brett Favre
    Favre was as gritty as they come, yes, but McNair still tougher in my book. Missed a handful of games over a long career as a dual threat QB in an era where targeting the QB was encouraged rather than ejectable. I watched the Titans every Sunday during his playing days & unless you tuned it it's hard to know all the injuries he played through & continued to bow up & drag people for 1st downs.

1999 - "McNair missed just five games after undergoing disc surgery"
    2000 - "played in every game despite suffering a severely bruised sternum in Week 2 and earned his first Pro Bowl berth. Doctors needed 15 gallons of water to flush out a right shoulder infection that caused a month full of pain "like no other," as he described it."
    2001 - "Overcame more right shoulder difficulties to complete a 3,000-yard season despite at times not being able to reach his left shoulder with his right hand.
    December 2002 - three separate injuries – turf toe, strained ribs and a sore back – prevented him from participating in any practice during the month, yet he led the team to a perfect 5-0 record and was named AFC Offensive Player of the Month."
    2003 - Won MVP "fighting right calf and left ankle injuries in the final six weeks of the regular season and in the playoffs."
    2004 - "Underwent surgery to remove a cracked bone spur in his left ankle that hampered him since December 2003. A blow to the sternum September 26 re-aggravated an injury he suffered in the second game of the 2000 season. On December 28, doctors took bone from his right hip and inserted it into his sternum to fill in an area that contained cartilage instead of bone throughout the area, a rare, preexisting condition that proved to be the source of the quarterback’s discomfort during the year."

Favre has topped McNair on Top 10 toughest athletes list (USA Today, 2004), and started more games, but Favre had the benefit of being a pocket passer & eating pain pills like Skittles. As a Mississippian, proud as hell to have both these guys hail from Mississippi & they are perfect examples of the makeup of people in this state. As a state fan - wtf we were thinking.. I think Dak will be on top 10 toughest lists before his career ends.

RIP Steve
    Last edited by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE; 04-25-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Both were tough sob's.