Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elih Marrero

vCash

Elih Marrero

Add another mess up by Elih Marrero. He got arrested in Starkville 4/22/17 for a DUI and no insurance.

vCash
    Be interesting to see how CC handles this. He will probably wait and see how his semester grades are to decide about his future with the MSU program.

vCash
    He's already done.

vCash
    His dad made good money in pro ball, yet he is driving around with no insurance.

vCash

I thought the same thing.....

NT
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Wonder If it was no insurance or no proof of ins?

vCash
    On the thing I saw it said no insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    His dad made good money in pro ball, yet he is driving around with no insurance.
    Maybe his dad is sick of his shit and not paying for everything for him. You know, teach him to not be an entitled prick.

vCash
    Maybe he was given the money for Ins, but spent it on drugs and hookers

vCash
    Does anyone really consider him still on the team? I think he has been done with us for at least five weeks conservatively.

And as far as him not having insurance- that's just irresponsibility and immaturity. At any rate insurance is the least of his problems in that mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Well if he has no proof (but actually has insurance) then he is incredibly irresponsible. How hard is it to keep a card?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Who gives a shit. He's long gone and was a cancer.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Well if he has no proof (but actually has insurance) then he is incredibly irresponsible. How hard is it to keep a card?
    Well its definitely a lot easier now than it used to be. You can get an app on your phone for whoever your provider is and pull it up at any time. Chances are though that its his parents account and they have the log-in. I'd definitely be lying if I said I always swapped mine out in time under the old system with the cards (which a lot of people still utilize), and I know plenty of people who have gotten tickets for no proof of insurance when they actually had it just because their card was expired. Unless you end up needing it, its not something you think about very often after you throw it in the glovebox or console or whatever.

Anyway, as it relates to Marrero, I don't think any of this really matters. Like many have already said, he's long gone. If this was a current player in any sport with no prior transgressions we'd be all empathetic and say "young kid who made a mistake....blah blah blah". No need to pile on to a situation that's already resolved itself.

vCash
    Surprised he's still in school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Well its definitely a lot easier now than it used to be. You can get an app on your phone for whoever your provider is and pull it up at any time. Chances are though that its his parents account and they have the log-in. I'd definitely be lying if I said I always swapped mine out in time under the old system with the cards (which a lot of people still utilize), and I know plenty of people who have gotten tickets for no proof of insurance when they actually had it just because their card was expired. Unless you end up needing it, its not something you think about very often after you throw it in the glovebox or console or whatever.

Anyway, as it relates to Marrero, I don't think any of this really matters. Like many have already said, he's long gone. If this was a current player in any sport with no prior transgressions we'd be all empathetic and say "young kid who made a mistake....blah blah blah". No need to pile on to a situation that's already resolved itself.
    I'm guilty of the same thing (and I don't have the Geico app, should get it). I renew every 6 mos and sometimes I forget to put the new card in my car. Thankfully after all these years I haven't needed it.

vCash
    After this discussion I just downloaded my app for Progressive. In my commercial voice- Now I don't have to worry about cards again!

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I have actually been stopped and ticketed for not having an updated card in my possession. Old one had been out less than a week. I had to go to courthouse and show proof of insurance and ticket was waived. It can happen. And I'm not immature. Closer to old geezer forgot to update card.

Hate the entire situation for Marrero, but he has nobody else to blame. Would have hurt a lot worse if he were a .350 hitter though. So there's that.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I have actually been stopped and ticketed for not having an updated card in my possession. Old one had been out less than a week. I had to go to courthouse and show proof of insurance and ticket was waived. It can happen. And I'm not immature. Closer to old geezer forgot to update card.
    Y
    Hate the entire situation for Marrero, but he has nobody else to blame. Would have hurt a lot worse if he were a .350 hitter though. So there's that.

Yeah, I believe I have only had my card in my vehicle up-to-date like for one year of my life. Easy to forget about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post

Yeah I've been ticketed for that like 4 or 5 times. Always dropped when I showed I had already had ins to the court or the clerk. And that's not counting the several times the cop didn't bother to ticket me after watching me comb thru multiple expired cards.