Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly an unpopular opinion

vCash

Possibly an unpopular opinion

But, I thought Anthony Craven did a great job yesterday in the booth. Unlike a lot I have no problem with Matt or Jay, although Jay tries a little too hard.

Anyway, Craven did well. Would not mind him on the broadcasts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    But, I thought Anthony Craven did a great job yesterday in the booth. Unlike a lot I have no problem with Matt or Jay, although Jay tries a little too hard.

I thought so too.

vCash
    I thought he was fine. Tried Lil too hard to be unbiased, but it was his first go round.

vCash

vCash

That's what pisses me off the most our announcers are so unbiased they sound like

Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I thought he was fine. Tried Lil too hard to be unbiased, but it was his first go round.
    The other teams announcers, yet every other broadcast the other teams announcers are like homers from Hell. I know it's petty but it bothers the shit outta me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Wow, Craven screw your GF or something? LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    The other teams announcers, yet every other broadcast the other teams announcers are like homers from Hell. I know it's petty but it bothers the shit outta me.
    In general, MSU is too nice sometimes. I do not know why. Jack Cristal was probably the most pro-MSU. They all are pro-MSU but Jack just didn't seem to give as much of a damn about being unbiased as the other guys.

Now, yes, I don't think anyone wants a David Kellum that goes crazy on a two yard gain up the middle like it's an miracle 90 yard touchdown run but I definitely believe that there is a middle ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    In general, MSU is too nice sometimes. I do not know why. Jack Cristal was probably the most pro-MSU. They all are pro-MSU but Jack just didn't seem to give as much of a damn about being unbiased as the other guys.

Now, yes, I don't think anyone wants a David Kellum that goes crazy on a two yard gain up the middle like it's an miracle 90 yard touchdown run but I definitely believe that there is a middle ground.
    Agreed. But I want state announcers to be homers...especially on radio. That's why I loved jack. And occasionally Jim allows his excitement to show...IMO that's when he's at his best.

I also like it when MLB guys are homers, as long as it's the regional broadcasts and not on the national stage.

vCash

Wasn't his first time and he has sucked every time. My wife thinks it is the other teams announcers every time he is on the broadcast. I am all for calling it fair like Jim but Craven is not that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Wasn't his first time and he has sucked every time. My wife thinks it is the other teams announcers every time he is on the broadcast. I am all for calling it fair like Jim but Craven is not that.
    Agree, I didn't care for him at all. For some reason, he thought he had to comment with every waking segment. Less is more.

vCash
    Some people have a face for radio. He has a voice for silent movies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mjoelner34 again.

vCash
    Matt will not be the next announcer and lear sports is conducting the search and the new announcer will not be a current state person. They are the current owner of Miss State Sports radio and they are going find someone outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Agreed. But I want state announcers to be homers...especially on radio. That's why I loved jack. And occasionally Jim allows his excitement to show...IMO that's when he's at his best.

I also like it when MLB guys are homers, as long as it's the regional broadcasts and not on the national stage.
    Exactly. Jack was perfect. I loved to hear stories about how he would yell at the basketball refs and I always liked it when he criticized the team like with the Sonic Drive of the Game to Tupelo because you knew that he cared about MSU and MSU doing well just as much as me. It's like our other announcers are worried about making the other teams fans upset. Like we should care about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Matt will not be the next announcer and the lear sports is conducting the search and the new announcer will not be a current state person.
    I'm assuming that you are talking about for football?

vCash

Take away possible

Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Agree, I didn't care for him at all. For some reason, he thought he had to comment with every waking segment. Less is more.
    Then. Apparently he is horrible. Funny thing is that no one likes Matt or Jay that much from posts I have read. HMM, maybe the problem is in the mirror.

As far as a homer, Jack was a call it like I see it guy. If we looked good he acknowledged it. If we sucked, he said so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

vCash

Are you serious? He was awful. I have a list of 50 things he said that grated on my nerves and/or were stupid. I don't need the guy to tell me how much baseball he's seen. I promise I've forgotten more than he knows. He sucks sorry b

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Are you serious? He was awful. I have a list of 50 things he said that grated on my nerves and/or were stupid. I don't need the guy to tell me how much baseball he's seen. I promise I've forgotten more than he knows. He sucks sorry b
    LOL, it's just an opinion. Please list the 50 things, I'm bored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm assuming that you are talking about for football?
    Yes but what I was to understand from a meeting I was in with one of the folks involved that who ever they hire will replace Ellis at baseball when he leaves.