Thread: Harbaugh takes Michigan team on trip to Italy

vCash

Harbaugh takes Michigan team on trip to Italy

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post...ek-of-practice

On one hand I want to be mad at this cheating SOB but on the other hand those football players produce so much money for the U. of Michigan that I think it's only fitting that they get a trip like that.

I was amazed to here that Michael Irvin and Deon Sanders said that while they were making all that money playing for the Cowboys they had never left the continental USA. Exposure is one of the best educations you can give young people. Hopefully MSU will be planning a trip next year.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Bump. No one has responded to this yet. Do you see this as a trend in CFB? I do. You can bet money OM is already planning trips for their years on probation.

vCash

This is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post...ek-of-practice

On one hand I want to be mad at this cheating SOB but on the other hand those football players produce so much money for the U. of Michigan that I think it's only fitting that they get a trip like that.

I was amazed to here that Michael Irvin and Deon Sanders said that while they were making all that money playing for the Cowboys they had never left the continental USA. Exposure is one of the best educations you can give young people. Hopefully MSU will be planning a trip next year.
    I'd want to go to Michigan to do it and getting a month off from Football for internships and travel is much better than sitting on campus working out and taking some worthless fluff classes.

vCash
    Bump. No one has responded to this yet. Do you see this as a trend in CFB? I do. You can bet money OM is already planning trips for their years on probation.
    Going to be hard for Mississippi to afford trips, with all the money their going to lose with the probation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Going to be hard for Mississippi to afford trips, with all the money their going to lose with the probation.
    But think of how much they will be saving from paying mothers' light bills?***

vCash
    I LOVE this and wish more programs could afford to do it for student athletes. I still don't see how the NCAA allows an "anonymous donor" to foot the bill for +100 football players to take a week long all expense paid international trip for 8 days with air travel/lodging/meals, etc and it isn't considered an impermissible benefit? I can't imagine the total tab including getting everyone passports, security detail, etc. to one of the top tourist destinations in the world.....and they get an audience with the Pope too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Privately funded. They've got folks that'll spend the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    I LOVE this and wish more programs could afford to do it for student athletes. I still don't see how the NCAA allows an "anonymous donor" to foot the bill for +100 football players to take a week long all expense paid international trip for 8 days with air travel/lodging/meals, etc and it isn't considered an impermissible benefit? I can't imagine the total tab including getting everyone passports, security detail, etc. to one of the top tourist destinations in the world.....and they get an audience with the Pope too?
    Agree. This actually should trigger a sizable tax event for each player and staff benefitting. You'd have a hard time convincing me this is all tied to education you receive from scholarship funds. The normal college student would not receive this trip from his or her tuition paid to Michigan. This is not a part of doing business for college football staff either so you can't really argue those are necessary expenses incurred to do their jobs.

vCash
    What needs to take place is for all the stadiums of America to be empty in the fall.

Of course that will not take place.

and covetousness, which is idolatry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    What needs to take place is for all the stadiums of America to be empty in the fall.

Of course that will not take place.

and covetousness, which is idolatry:
    What?!? You missed 4/20 a few days ago bro.

vCash
    What?!? You missed 4/20 a few days ago bro.
    I have season tickets but that doesn't mean we haven't let football become an idol.

I'm afraid that's my only one!