Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Beat Bama Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Beat Bama Edition

Let's do this

vCash
    I'll start this thing off. I've been using some homemade roasted garlic butter for all my steaks and decided to use the same method for blackened redfish.

Here is a shot of the roasted garlic butter. It's heavy on the garlic so you need some oil or butter in the pan to help to break it down. Add it at the end of the cook and spoon it over the protein and work the pan to get it to cover the meat.

Next is a action shot of the redfish filet in the pan before I flipped and added the roasted garlic butter

Last is the finished product. Paired it with a side of Crawfish Etouffee. Was tasty

vCash
    awesome looking
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 04-21-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Sushi take out. Meh

vCash
    Crawfish and beer

vCash
    Cosmos at Orange Beach. Firecracker shrimp and blackened red snapper. Jack and coke. Good stuff.

vCash
    Spent the day fishing a little and running my new (to me) outboard on my little flat boat. Sweet Chili grilled shrimp and pineapple, deer sausage, boudin and crab boiled red-potatoes with a Pacifico for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Spent the day fishing a little and running my new (to me) outboard on my little flat boat. Sweet Chili grilled shrimp and pineapple, deer sausage, boudin and crab boiled red-potatoes with a Pacifico for now.

You get anything going today or did you just run the motor? My dad fished inside and only boxed 1 trout, 1 red, and 2 drum. Shrimp kabobs look great

vCash
    Tonight I did filet medallions with sweet potato fries, mushrooms, and a salad. Grizz on the tube now and will probably get a nip of bourbon in a bit.

vCash
    Had plans to work on some trout, but the wind was already too much for that boat before sun up. Headed to the wolf/delisle bayou and caught one red and a ridiculous amount of 1/2lb bass. I've caught them in there plenty, but never like that. My son has been asking to catch some bream, so I picked him up and we caught a handful up the river before he got bored and wanted to just cruise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Tonight I did filet medallions with sweet potato fries, mushrooms, and a salad. Grizz on the tube now and will probably get a nip of bourbon in a bit.

Looks good, Beast.

vCash
    Just did some big ribeyes, sorry no pics.

vCash
    I made wings tonight. Two kinds: one was my "cajun" version, with a sauce made from Crystal hot sauce (the ****ing best!) and butter, sprinkled with scallions. The other was sauced with my 'spicy Asian' mix, made with General Tso's sauce, sriracha sauce, sesame seeds, and fresh cilantro. They were both pretty awesome. For a side I made Thai green papaya salad; a great dish featuring the full spectrum of salty, sweet, sour, spicy....Really really good.

Tonight I'm drinking Irish single malt (Knappogue Castle 12).

vCash
    It is my wife's birthday tomorrow so we had some friends over to celebrate. I cooked a porkloin stuffed with cream cheese and jalape?os wrapped in bacon. Had garlic parmesan green beans and a baked potato to go with it. Of course I had a few white cans while cooking. Bell pepper and cheese smoked sausage as an appetizer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I made wings tonight. Two kinds: one was my "cajun" version, with a sauce made from Crystal hot sauce (the ****ing best!) and butter, sprinkled with scallions. The other was sauced with my 'spicy Asian' mix, made with General Tso's sauce, sriracha sauce, sesame seeds, and fresh cilantro. They were both pretty awesome. For a side I made Thai green papaya salad; a great dish featuring the full spectrum of salty, sweet, sour, spicy....Really really good.

Tonight I'm drinking Irish single malt (Knappogue Castle 12).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    A great bourbon, dude.

vCash
    Epic Grizz win. Absolutely bananas game. Glad my pour ended up being a victory pour