Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabama's head baseball coach suspended one game

vCash

Alabama's head baseball coach suspended one game

of our doubleheader. Apparently he had a disagreement with an umpire after the game- I'm not sure over what.

vCash
    REC not doin' werk.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Hahaha prob that floating strike zone. Guy was ****ing horrible

vCash
    Good, at least he can make it to Miss Gridley's wedding***

vCash
    It was for arguing with the ump over balls and strikes. It happened around the 7th or 8th inning. Jim mentioned it and said the ump wrote it down and he was sure the SEC office would be hearing about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    It was for arguing with the ump over balls and strikes. It happened around the 7th or 8th inning. Jim mentioned it and said the ump wrote it down and he was sure the SEC office would be hearing about it.
    I saw him arguing and I was surprised that the umpire didn't run him. I guess this is how they do it now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I thought so too. His K-zone was all over the place to include 3-inches off the ground.

vCash
    So frikin ridiculous...how are coaches held to such a higher standard than the umps? I only got to see the 7th-9th and he was garbage. And now a coach is suspended for standing up for his team? Absolute garbage. Zero accountability in college officiating and baseball is the worst of the bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    So frikin ridiculous...how are coaches held to such a higher standard than the umps? I only got to see the 7th-9th and he was garbage. And now a coach is suspended for standing up for his team? Absolute garbage. Zero accountability in college officiating and baseball is the worst of the bunch.
    "Hold my beer"

- College basketball officials

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Watching it on the TV, the strike zone was moving but it benefited Bama. The guy that got called out should have struck out 2 pitches before but the ump shrunk the zone. I guess his point was the batter thought that since the other 2 pitches that were over the plate were balls then the last strike should have also been a ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    "Hold my beer"

"I see that and raise you"

any ref working a Bama football game. Holding penalties are just myths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I thought so too. His K-zone was all over the place to include 3-inches off the ground.
    I thought the same thing. There were at least 3-4 times it looked like two consecutive pitches were in the exact same place and he would call one a strike and one a ball.

vCash
    We are a bigger name in Baseball so Bama just need to suck it like we do in football when we play them in that sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We are a bigger name in Baseball so Bama just need to suck it like we do in football when we play them in that sport.
    I fully accept and embrace the possibility that MSU may have benefited from the officiating... our baseball team never really had a chance, anyway...

That's how it's done*
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I fully accept and embrace the possibility that MSU may have benefited from the officiating... our baseball team never really had a chance, anyway...

That's how it's done*
    So why isn't the REC doing work in baseball?****************************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Yeah baseball officiating, especially behind the plate is questionable, but i still think basketball is by far and away the worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Absolurely, would have hated to pitch to that guy last night, pitchers had no idea where to throw it, ump moved all over the place with his zone.u

vCash
    I saw Gridley strike out on a ball that I think may have bounced to the plate but he had no choice but to swing. He was down 0-2 and those two strikes would have hit the catcher's feet if he hadn't gloved them. I saw several more throughout the game like that too. I commented to my buddy that if you hit homeplate with the ball, it must be a strike. Our next at bat the guy pumps a belt high fastball over the center of the plate against Bragg and its called a ball. I didn't have an issue with the guy's in and out calls. It was his up and down calls that constantly moved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah baseball officiating, especially behind the plate is questionable, but i still think basketball is by far and away the worst.
    Basketball is so subjective that I think the officiating at every level in bad. But in baseball there is a ridiculously marked drop from pro to college...I mean I've been around high school umps that are light years better than D1 umps. It's a shame, it hurts the college game immensely, and it won't change until there's reasonable accountability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    "Hold my beer"

Ain't that the damn truth!