Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martinas Rankin

vCash

Martinas Rankin

Just scrolling the internet and I look at a 2018 NFL mock draft. It has Martinas Rankin going in the late first round. Interesting.

vCash
    Remember when he was declared a bust here bc he RS'd?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Just scrolling the internet and I look at a 2018 NFL mock draft. It has Martinas Rankin going in the late first round. Interesting.
    As a center?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    We finally get a legit LT and we play him at Center all spring. SMH

vCash
    A totally different site has him as the #2 NFL tackle prospect for 2018 (excludes early entries).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Remember that year when we played Rufus Warren at LT and Bama sacked us 9 times? Then OM sacked us 6 more times in the Egg Bowl?

vCash
    I sure hope he plays like a 1st round LT this year!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Remember that year when we played Rufus Warren at LT and Bama sacked us 9 times? Then OM sacked us 6 more times in the Egg Bowl?
    Well, Warren didn't play in the Egg Bowl. That being said, still can't say I agree with that RS for Rankin. Would have rather had him protecting Dak in 2015 (even if he was shaky early in the year) than have him next year if I had to choose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    All I remember saying was no way in hell that he was worse than Rufus Warren. I'm still pretty sure I was right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Well, Warren didn't play in the Egg Bowl. That being said, still can't say I agree with that RS for Rankin. Would have rather had him protecting Dak in 2015 (even if he was shaky early in the year) than have him next year if I had to choose.
    That whole Egg Bowl was fubared. That was a pretty terrible fan experience. It just felt like MSU didn't care about the Egg Bowl from a football/AD standpoint. Now, I know that really wasn't the case- but it certainly felt that way. Just like really flat the whole day. I really hate that Dak went out that way- although let's be honest it's going to be vacated in a year or less.

The Egg Bowl this year made up for it somewhat- but I want to absolutely beat them down again this year in Starkville. I hope Nick replaces Chris Relf as Ole Miss's Daddy.

vCash
    He played tight end through high school and four years of college. If I am not mistaken Dak's first TD was thrown to Rufus. That might not be true but I do know he caught a TD pass from Dak. I will cut him some slack for the nuts it took to switch positions like he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I hope Nick replaces Chris Relf as Ole Miss's Daddy.

He could probably walk on to Ole Miss campus today and get 10 times more ***** then Patterson.

vCash
    someone pass this info along to our great OL coach...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    someone pass this info along to our great OL coach...
    No, 17 that, he'd put him at C just to prove the scouts wrong****
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    We may absolutely have Rankin at LT this Fall. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

But that would mean our starting Center in September has not played 1 play at Center in college nor did he get 1 Spring rep at Center

vCash
    We may absolutely have Rankin at LT this Fall. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

But that would mean our starting Center in September has not played 1 play at Center in college nor did he get 1 Spring rep at Center
    I just can't forget the "statue pose" during the Auburn game when the DE ran untouched and unopposed around the outside to the QB as if Rankin's feet were entrenched in concrete. I know I gotta let that go because apparently Martinas is good, but maybe putting him at Center hides some footwork issues(???).

vCash
    Allegedly that was more on Nick not varying the snap count. Not sure what the truth is on that but it may not be his fault after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    The problem is he wasn't that great to start off this past year. As hard as it is to believe, it looks like Rankin is a guy with incredible potential that was not even serviceable as a LT his first year out of JUCO, went from a serviceable to good LT in his second year out of JUCO, and is going to be an NFL draftee barring injury (or maybe him spending the year at Center).

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Allegedly that was more on Nick not varying the snap count. Not sure what the truth is on that but it may not be his fault after all.
    You sure about that? The t.v crew ran it back a couple of times. One of the worst plays by a OL player I've ever seen. I guess he improved as the year went on?

vCash
    Rankin got better when Jenkins became the full-time OG beside him. He didn't do much vs Bama but handled a gimpy Myles Garrett and doorknobs from UPig and OM. We'll see where he ends up- but it would be beyond shocking if he was drafted in the 1st round