Thread: Chinwe Okorie to New York Liberty

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Chinwe Okorie to New York Liberty

The New York Liberty (WNBA) has announced that they have signed Chinwe Okorie to a training camp contract. She has a chance to earn her spot on a WNBA squad.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Good for her. My daughter has a class with her and says she's just a super person.

vCash
    I was hoping she was going to get another year at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Me too. We could use the height.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I guess her life and career trumped your fandom.

vCash
    Meet her in Dallas. Very nice lady.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I guess her life and career trumped your fandom.
    You realize she's not going to be making big money right? The league max a couple years ago was like $110,000. She wasn't drafted, so she's looking at the minimum IF she makes the team. The average salary is only about $75,000 or so. She'll be making like $40,000 in New York....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You realize she's not going to be making big money right? The league max a couple years ago was like $110,000. She wasn't drafted, so she's looking at the minimum IF she makes the team. The average salary is only about $75,000 or so. She'll be making like $40,000 in New York....
    What's your point? I don't see where I said anything about her making "big money" How much was she making at State?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    What's your point? I don't see where I said anything about her making "big money" How much was she making at State?
    You said she was putting her career ahead of someone's fandom. $40,000 a year in New York isn't a career. It's a struggle. She'd be living on just as much as a college student. Now if you want to say she's chasing her dream.....that's another situation. But career? I would disagree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You said she was putting her career ahead of someone's fandom. $40,000 a year in New York isn't a career. It's a struggle. She'd be living on just as much as a college student. Now if you want to say she's chasing her dream.....that's another situation. But career? I would disagree.
    Doesnt a career have a beginning point? When I started my "career" I wasn't making very much either.

vCash
    Best of luck to Chinwe! Seems to be a very humble and nice young lady
    LFC YNWA

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Also, Breanna Richardson got signed by the Minnesota Lynx for a Training Camp contract too.

So that's 2 of 4 seniors with a chance to chase their dreams in the WNBA.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner