Thread: SIAP: Alcorn State suspends 11 football players for cafeteria fight

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

SIAP: Alcorn State suspends 11 football players for cafeteria fight

http://www.espn.com/college-football...s-campus-brawl

LORMAN, Miss. -- Eleven Alcorn State football players have been arrested after authorities say a fight broke out on the school's Mississippi campus.

The fight started April 10 in the school's cafeteria. Officials said the event was captured on several cellphone cameras and widely circulated last week.

Claiborne County Sheriff Frank Davis said charges have been filed against each of the players by other students, according to multiple reports, and more arrests are likely to be made Thursday.

Davis said the charges against the players are all misdemeanors and range from malicious mischief to simple assault.

According to reports, the eleven players arrested are sophomore defensive backs Lei'shaun Ealey, Deago Sama and Quintin Smith, freshman defensive backs Taurence Wilson and Javen Morrison, junior defensive backs Daniel Franklin and Jalen Thomas, sophomore linebackers Terry Whittington and Trae Ferrell, freshman defensive lineman Kwanzi Jackson and junior defensive end Michael Brooks.

vCash
    I hear a cow in there somewhere

vCash

vCash
    Sounds to me Freeze needs to do the christian thing and help send these guys on a mission trip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    I hear a cow in there somewhere
    Sheep also.

vCash
    Any OL?***

I'm just glad no one got shot or seriously hurt. These days someone is always shooting someone. I can respect a good ole fashioned brawl.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 04-20-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I'll pick the low hanging fruit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Any OL?***

I'm just glad no one got shot or seriously hurt. These days someone is always shooting someone. I can respect a good ole fashioned brawl.
    At a University Cafeteria? It's ****ing embarrassing and other people who go to school there shouldn't have to be worried about dumb shit like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    One of the most underrated movies out there. Love that flick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    One of the most underrated movies out there. Love that flick.
    Yep and there are too many letters in "GONNA", should be "GON. "YOU GON EAT YO CONEBREAD?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    At a University Cafeteria? It's ****ing embarrassing and other people who go to school there shouldn't have to be worried about dumb shit like this.
    It's happened at State before. I remember Fall 98 and several football players and frat guys were in it. Yes, it's embarrassing but thank God it's not tragic.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Up to 18 players now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riotous Thinking View Post
    Up to 18 players now.
    Anybody else feeling really good about their tax money supporting Alcorn U right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    It's happened at State before. I remember Fall 98 and several football players and frat guys were in it. Yes, it's embarrassing but thank God it's not tragic.
    Who gives a **** where's its happened in the past. This is inexcusable for a University. Yeah maybe this time it was just a fight, but the scale of it would terrify any parent sending their kid there.

vCash
    Gulfport High's Cleveland Ford enrolled early and announced today he's leaving for a junior college. Very smart kid in the classroom. He had questioned his own commitment last fall but ended up going to Alcorn anyway. I'm sure this had something to do with it as he's not the type that to be involved.