Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Cannizaro?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    I think he has done a good job this season, questioned his decision to expose our Friday night ace and closer on an already short staff. And no coach should ever throw players under the bus, nor should players do that to the coach, should be handled in house amongst coaches and staff if there is an issue, just like the Gridley situation. I haven't attacked you personally and you don't anything about me or my background or what I know or don't know about the game of baseball or any other sport for that matter,. But I know what I see and I saw a coach waive the white flag last night in the 7th inning in a 3 run game.I'm not trying to please anyone, don't need to, just don't like conceding a game, if that's not what we did then I expect to see all those pitchers hitting tomorrow night, if they can hit and help us win games then great let's play them. All I am saying is let's play to win every game that's the ultimate goal of every collegiate sport. And truthfully would you rather have a healthy pilkington or gordon, if we had to choose, fortunately we don't have to.
    I haven't attacked you personally either. If you think "pleaser" is an attack you're too sensitive. And I've been around enough baseball people in my life to know that none of them would agree with you either.

And as far as the other crap about us "conceding the game" and throwing guys under the bus- you're absolutely wrong about that. Which again tells me you have very little concept of baseball above the high school level. And that's being generous.

I just think it would be nice after we had a bunch of fans getting their panties in a wad over Cohen yelling at players and basically being criticized for not being Ron Polk to actually get 100% behind Cann and actually hold our players accountable for their actions especially after Cann has done everything possible to put us in a good position. I think our fans have gotten better about that after Cohen left but we're always going to have snowflakes like you I guess trying to hold us back because you want to have a say and are worried about other bullshit than winning.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I haven't attacked you personally either. If you think "pleaser" is an attack you're too sensitive. And I've been around enough baseball people in my life to know that none of them would agree with you either.

And as far as the other crap about us "conceding the game" and throwing guys under the bus- you're absolutely wrong about that. Which again tells me you have very little concept of baseball above the high school level. And that's being generous.

I just think it would be nice after we had a bunch of fans getting their panties in a wad over Cohen yelling at players and basically being criticized for not being Ron Polk to actually get 100% behind Cann and actually hold our players accountable for their actions especially after Cann has done everything possible to put us in a good position. I think our fans have gotten better about that after Cohen left but we're always going to have snowflakes like you I guess trying to hold us back because you want to have a say and are worried about other bullshit than winning.
    Attaboy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    First off, f*ck USA and what they think. That is completely irrelevant and doesn't even deserved to be mentioned. As a matter of fact, I want the opposing team be pissed. But, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that USA wasn't pissed, they will probably take the win just like we would if we could.

Second, an embarrassment to the university, the team, and the fans?... No. Lose a game to them in football and its embarrassing to the university, team, and the fans. Last night might have sucked, but we'll get over it.
    Not talking about the loss as an embarasement, talking about how we went about the loss. down 3-0 in the 7th inning and sending 4 pitchers to the plate is pretty much conceeding the game, if not then we should expect to see them in the lineup this weekend. Look, if they can hit and help this team win, great, put them in the lineup and lets go, but I suspect their not great hitters overall or they would have already been playing

vCash
    Not talking about the loss as an embarasement, talking about how we went about the loss. down 3-0 in the 7th inning and sending 4 pitchers to the plate is pretty much conceeding the game, if not then we should expect to see them in the lineup this weekend. Look, if they can hit and help this team win, great, put them in the lineup and lets go, but I suspect their not great hitters overall or they would have already been playing
    Once again you have no clue what you are talking about... Let me break this down for you so maybe you will understand it. Listen carefully now....

He didnt use the pitchers because they are better hitters than what we have. THEY ARENT BETTER HITTERS THAN WHAT WE HAVE. He used them to send a F*#*&%^ wake up call to the guys. IF you dont give me your all, I will find someone that will. This has nothing to do with him trying to find the best hitter the other night. IT was a jolt to the team. It meant no one is above the law except the coaches. If Rooker doesnt give 110%, he will yank his ass and put in someone who will... Same goes for Mangum, Stovall, Gridley, LA, Poole, Bragg, Lovelady, you name it.... The loss to South Bama should have been a wake up call to the guys. If they thought they were gonna walk in and whip their ass and then go back home and wait on Bama, they thought wrong. Thats the great thing about baseball. Anyone can beat anyone at any time. Look at Coastal last yr. How many people picked them to win it all?? Not many, if any... All it takes is to get hot at the right time and have a decent regional/super regional draw. If the guys come out this wknd and go on a tear, we will all look back at this and say, "DAMN, Cann is the man and knew exactly what he was doing.." Now as far as him throwing the players under the bus, I have no 17in clue what your talking about. I watched all the pressers and never heard him say one word about the guys personally. I heard him say your gonna give me your all r sit by me on the bench. He never called out a specific player. We all knew who he was talking about tho. It wasnt that hard to figure out. You will not see the pitchers in the line up this wknd, so stop asking about it. Its that F*&%in simple dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Once again you have no clue what you are talking about... Let me break this down for you so maybe you will understand it. Listen carefully now....

He didnt use the pitchers because they are better hitters than what we have. THEY ARENT BETTER HITTERS THAN WHAT WE HAVE. He used them to send a F*#*&%^ wake up call to the guys. IF you dont give me your all, I will find someone that will. This has nothing to do with him trying to find the best hitter the other night. IT was a jolt to the team. It meant no one is above the law except the coaches. If Rooker doesnt give 110%, he will yank his ass and put in someone who will... Same goes for Mangum, Stovall, Gridley, LA, Poole, Bragg, Lovelady, you name it.... The loss to South Bama should have been a wake up call to the guys. If they thought they were gonna walk in and whip their ass and then go back home and wait on Bama, they thought wrong. Thats the great thing about baseball. Anyone can beat anyone at any time. Look at Coastal last yr. How many people picked them to win it all?? Not many, if any... All it takes is to get hot at the right time and have a decent regional/super regional draw. If the guys come out this wknd and go on a tear, we will all look back at this and say, "DAMN, Cann is the man and knew exactly what he was doing.." Now as far as him throwing the players under the bus, I have no 17in clue what your talking about. I watched all the pressers and never heard him say one word about the guys personally. I heard him say your gonna give me your all r sit by me on the bench. He never called out a specific player. We all knew who he was talking about tho. It wasnt that hard to figure out. You will not see the pitchers in the line up this wknd, so stop asking about it. Its that F*&%in simple dude.
    So if we need another wake up call this weekend down 1 or 2 runs in the 7th inning we should say the heck with trying to win the game lets pinch hit someone who is not a better hitter to send another message. Plus, I'm not pissed about who we lost to, South Alabama is a good team and are always competative, and I agree with you, sometimes the better team does not win and the likes of the Coastal Carolinas do, anything can happen and on any given night anyone can win, that is part of the beauty of baseball.
    Last edited by Dawgpatrol; 04-20-2017 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    Oh, OK excuse me I looked it up and the Polo Grounds were only 483 feet where Mays caught that ball instead of the 500. THAT is why that was such a great play. Learn your baseball history.

My point about Mays having the OF closer to them was because HE positioned them there where he made it easier on the team. That's actual baseball genius on his part. He could have made himself look better by spreading them out but he didn't do that. And another reason why defensive stats are somewhat unreliable.

He didn't have that reputation because he "smiled a lot". It's because he was out of shape most of his career and if Bobby Cox is pulling you out of a game for loafing, I'm going to side with Cox. And yes, I do think an awful lot of his natural ability. But because you have a lot of great natural ability it doesn't make you the greatest of all time.
    The point at which Mays caught the ball is estimated to be about 420-425 feet from home plate. How that equates to him running that far to catch the ball, I have no idea. Watch the replay, then watch the replay of Andruw's spiderman catch. They run about the same distance, both catch it over their shoulder, Andruw just does it while jumping and hitting the wall.

And if Willie Mays positioned the other OFers to be close enough to him that they routinely overlapped on fly balls they could get to, he did a pretty poor job, as that would have left the lines and foul territory completely uncovered.

Andruw was not out of shape most of his career. He got to that point as he hit 30, though even then his defense was above-average. Cox did pull him at least once because he perceived him to not be hustling. But that came early in his career. He may have been legitimately loafing that time, I don't know, but I do know he was misunderstood by a lot because of the way he played. They saw nonchalant catches and throws back to the infield as 'lazy' or 'not trying'. Lazy and not trying doesn't get you 10 Gold Gloves, and it doesn't save you as many runs as Andruw did. And again, if Andruw was out of shape and lazy, then he was a true superhuman...because regardless of how he did it, he was easily the best of all time defensively.

vCash
    So if we need another wake up call this weekend down 1 or 2 runs in the 7th inning we should say the heck with trying to win the game lets pinch hit someone who is not a better hitter to send another message. Plus, I'm not pissed about who we lost to, South Alabama is a good team and are always competative, and I agree with you, sometimes the better team does not win and the likes of the Coastal Carolinas do, anything can happen and on any given night anyone can win, that is part of the beauty of baseball.
    The wake-up call Tuesday night was for this weekend. Midweek games and SEC series are not the same thing. I don't know what Cann will do if they need another wake-up call this weekend but every damn player in that dugout knows that if they aren't giving maximum effort they will be sitting on the bench next to the coach and that's the way it should be.

vCash
    17 me.... I give up....

vCash

I'm an old fart but being called "ignorant" in my day was an insult and a personal attack that would have warranted an a$$ whooping, just saying. As far as calling me a "snowflake" you don't know me from adam, nor what I have been or what my experiences are, so be careful when you sling personal insults around. Thought this was a board to discuss MSU athletics and the like. You and I both mentioned Bobby Cox in a previous post, so I am assuming we have a mutual respect to his coaching style. He would have never put stuff in the media about anything that was not baseball related to the media, he handled everything in house and his players loved and respected him for it. Look I don't care if Coach Cann yells, screams, cusses or beats players over the head with a stick, but don't throw in the towel in a 3 run game, to prove a point, that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I am as old school as anybody on here, trust me, I'm old but just how many people can you cut and sit on the bench before you don't have anyone to coach. I get it, discipline is a very necessary part of any organization/team and I am all for it but you don't try and complete your objective by using inferior product. Bottom line is we conceded the game in the 7th inning to prove a point, so if we need to do that again in an SEC game this weekend are we gonna do that or wait and handle it on Monday at practice or suspension or the likes thereof. Look, we all love our beloved dawgs and we want them to win a championship, and I hope Coach Cann has a long and storied career here or wherever he chooses to go, but hitting his Fri night guy and closer was not a good calculated risk, if it were next year with a full healthy staff then maybe but definitely not this go round. Thankfully nothing happened, cause if it did the comments on here would have been way, way different. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The wake-up call Tuesday night was for this weekend. Midweek games and SEC series are not the same thing. I don't know what Cann will do if they need another wake-up call this weekend but every damn player in that dugout knows that if they aren't giving maximum effort they will be sitting on the bench next to the coach and that's the way it should be.
    Every game should be played to win at this level, every time, not just on SEC weekends, period. Do I believe Coach Cann wants to win, absolutely I do, but don't concede a game to prove a point.

vCash
    This is another quality shit show thread! Full of internet super hero's and know it all's! If this offends you then yeah I'm probably talking about you.

vCash
    I'm an old fart but being called "ignorant" in my day was an insult and a personal attack that would have warranted an a$$ whooping, just saying. As far as calling me a "snowflake" you don't know me from adam, nor what I have been or what my experiences are, so be careful when you sling personal insults around. Thought this was a board to discuss MSU athletics and the like. You and I both mentioned Bobby Cox in a previous post, so I am assuming we have a mutual respect to his coaching style. He would have never put stuff in the media about anything that was not baseball related to the media, he handled everything in house and his players loved and respected him for it. Look I don't care if Coach Cann yells, screams, cusses or beats players over the head with a stick, but don't throw in the towel in a 3 run game, to prove a point, that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I am as old school as anybody on here, trust me, I'm old but just how many people can you cut and sit on the bench before you don't have anyone to coach. I get it, discipline is a very necessary part of any organization/team and I am all for it but you don't try and complete your objective by using inferior product. Bottom line is we conceded the game in the 7th inning to prove a point, so if we need to do that again in an SEC game this weekend are we gonna do that or wait and handle it on Monday at practice or suspension or the likes thereof. Look, we all love our beloved dawgs and we want them to win a championship, and I hope Coach Cann has a long and storied career here or wherever he chooses to go, but hitting his Fri night guy and closer was not a good calculated risk, if it were next year with a full healthy staff then maybe but definitely not this go round. Thankfully nothing happened, cause if it did the comments on here would have been way, way different. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
    2 of the 3 pitchers reached base safely. Price with a hit and Barlow almost has as many BB on the season as Mangum.
    Best thing for you to do is abort this thread.. let it die. If you stop posting about it it will die on its on..
    Since you are new to the board and ED welcomes you here .. there is a saying around here.. Read more post less. More of us and less of you is good for this site.

Here is you a topic that won't die here because it keeps legs on its own.
    Hev can't recruit. Run with that. Trust me you will get much better feedback.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 04-20-2017 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    I guess I dont understand conceding the game in the 7th. The starting 9 had 7 innings to win this game or act like they gave a shit. I think everyone on here can agree that we should have had a lead by the 7th on them. They didnt. Cann got tired of it and made the decision to put in people who would compete. If he put in people who would compete, that's not giving up. If Cann wanted to throw people under the bus, he would have said Poole played like shit, and Bragg was useless at 3rd. That's throwing someone under the bus. Saying ALL THE GUYS did not give enough effort, so I pulled them is not throwing anyone under the bus.

vCash
    Every game should be played to win at this level,
    Exactly, and the players weren't putting in the effort to win so the coach made changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I guess I dont understand conceding the game in the 7th. The starting 9 had 7 innings to win this game or act like they gave a shit. I think everyone on here can agree that we should have had a lead by the 7th on them. They didnt. Cann got tired of it and made the decision to put in people who would compete. If he put in people who would compete, that's not giving up. If Cann wanted to throw people under the bus, he would have said Poole played like shit, and Bragg was useless at 3rd. That's throwing someone under the bus. Saying ALL THE GUYS did not give enough effort, so I pulled them is not throwing anyone under the bus.
    This guy gets it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    2 of the 3 pitchers reached base safely. Price with a hit and Barlow almost has as many BB on the season as Mangum.
    Best thing for you to do is abort this thread.. let it die. If you stop posting about it it will die on its on..
    Since you are new to the board and ED welcomes you here .. there is a saying around here.. Read more post less. More of us and less of you is good for this site.

Great then put Barlow in the lineup over mangum then. See how rediculus that statement sounds. Then hit the pitchers this weekend and see how that works out. Rooker was 0-3 or 0-4 Tuesday, maybe a pitcher should hit for him as well, crazy right. As far as 2 pitchers reaching base safely, one was a dropped fly ball and the other a walk not exactly stuff to hang your hat on if your a hitter. Just cause hitters don't get a hit doesn't mean there not giving effort it means they didn't get a hit this time it's a game of failures and a lot of them. Like I said in multiple posts, if a pitcher or all the pitchers can hit then by ALL means please put them in the game and lets go win, but somehow I think you and everyone else including me want our best hitters at the plate as much as possible, if they are not our best hitters then play the other ones.

vCash
    Great then put Barlow in the lineup over mangum then. See how rediculus that statement sounds. Then hit the pitchers this weekend and see how that works out. Rooker was 0-3 or 0-4 Tuesday, maybe a pitcher should hit for him as well, crazy right. As far as 2 pitchers reaching base safely, one was a dropped fly ball and the other a walk not exactly stuff to hang your hat on if your a hitter. Just cause hitters don't get a hit doesn't mean there not giving effort it means they didn't get a hit this time it's a game of failures and a lot of them. Like I said in multiple posts, if a pitcher or all the pitchers can hit then by ALL means please put them in the game and lets go win, but somehow I think you and everyone else including me want our best hitters at the plate as much as possible, if they are not our best hitters then play the other ones.
    Well I was trying to be nice which is unlike me so..... yeah your a ****ing idiot when it comes to this. So go ahead and keep posting make it a ****ing 16 page thread . Throw your nonsense out there which will get blasted by those on here that know what the **** they are talking about . You would think after 9 pages you would say maybe everyone else is right and im wrong . Guess your not one of those guys . Good luck with this thread , your going to need it . Just think your only about 31,000 post away from Mstste7..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This guy gets it!
    Competing and having the athletic ability to compete are 2 different things. I know competitors that will compete all day long but don't have the God given talent to beat better and more gifted athletes. Its a fact and it sucks some times but that's the truth. Some players are better at pitching and some are better at hitting, that's why they are chosen to play those roles when recruited. Some are superior enough to actually do both, but they are not the norm, otherwise MLB would be full of them. I'm still posting to defend my poisition just like you continue to post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

There are several who need to read this!

Rep given!

vCash
    Competing and having the athletic ability to compete are 2 different things. I know competitors that will compete all day long but don't have the God given talent to beat better and more gifted athletes. Its a fact and it sucks some times but that's the truth. Some players are better at pitching and some are better at hitting, that's why they are chosen to play those roles when recruited. Some are superior enough to actually do both, but they are not the norm, otherwise MLB would be full of them. I'm still posting to defend my poisition just like you continue to post.
    Sorry sent to wrong poster, my apologies