Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannizaro?????

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Football is fun too and Chris jones wants to play qb, so Andy Reid should make it happen
    There you go you being you. Yeah football and baseball are the same.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Every starter in the National League bats. It isn't like it is a normal thing for a pitcher to bat and get injured. Does everyone think we should pull Pilk in the 3rd if we are up 10 runs so he doesn't get injured?
    The 3rd? Shit that's a little much isn't it. We score on the first then back to his bubble wrap chamber.

vCash
    Football is fun too and Chris jones wants to play qb, so Andy Reid should make it happen
    Difference is I guarantee you those pitchers were above average hitters is HS. Chris Jones was not an above average QB in HS.

vCash
    Why do you keep posting dumb statements? Chris Jones never played QB ever probably, those two pitchers who batted have batted many times before.

vCash
    Skelton, then Stovall
    So if we lost Lovelady last night from an at bat injury, an injured Stovall becomes our backup catcher. Contradictory logic?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Every starter in the National League bats. It isn't like it is a normal thing for a pitcher to bat and get injured. Does everyone think we should pull Pilk in the 3rd if we are up 10 runs so he doesn't get injured?
    Fair point, but how many times you seen Chris sale PH in an AL game? Can we call up a HS pitcher if pilk goes down?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Difference is I guarantee you those pitchers were above average hitters is HS. Chris Jones was not an above average QB in HS.
    I bet Chris would've been good running the ball at Houston high haha

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Why do you keep posting dumb statements? Chris Jones never played QB ever probably, those two pitchers who batted have batted many times before.
    That's all he knows

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    So if we lost Lovelady last night from an at bat injury, an injured Stovall becomes our backup catcher. Contradictory logic?
    Sorry, but lovelady and pilk aren't even comparable in importance to this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The real point is that we pay Cann to win games, not to make sure every player is having fun. CAnn has earned his money too... just didn't like price and pilk hitting with hitters on bench. It's over and no injuries, so let's just sweep bama now

vCash
    Over risking our 2 best pitchers on an already depleted staff, yes. Who is more important to our starting rotation, Pilkington or Gordon. And I apologize if I am wrong, but Lovelady tore his acl running to back up 1st last year, it has not prevented him from playing this year.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Well...if lovelady gets hurt....and Stovall has to catch...and he re injures his hammy...then Skelton breaks a finger on a foul tip...then who is gonna catch Pilk

vCash
    Lovelady's defense is extremely important to this team. Wonder what the statistics are on pitchers breaking their hand during an AB are. Is it possible that it's so tiny that it was worth the risk?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    The real point is that we pay Cann to win games, not to make sure every player is having fun. CAnn has earned his money too... just didn't like price and pilk hitting with hitters on bench. It's over and no injuries, so let's just sweep bama now
    By his demeanor I doubt Cann was having fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Well...if lovelady gets hurt....and Stovall has to catch...and he re injures his hammy...then Skelton breaks a finger on a foul tip...then who is gonna catch Pilk
    Plus Cann just said at his presser that Stovall is in "excrutiating pain" every time he swings the bat bc of his hand.

vCash
    Fair point, but how many times you seen Chris sale PH in an AL game? Can we call up a HS pitcher if pilk goes down?
    I've seen it happen in the NL before several times a year.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    College baseball has a DH though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Over risking our 2 best pitchers on an already depleted staff, yes. Who is more important to our starting rotation, Pilkington or Gordon. And I apologize if I am wrong, but Lovelady tore his acl running to back up 1st last year, it has not prevented him from playing this year.
    My guess is the percentage of one of our pitchers getting hurt is around 1%. It rarely even happens in MLB but all of a sudden we're taking down huge risk letting our pitchers hit? Laughable. And I'm pretty sure they take BP so this isn't something foreign to them.

Be pissed at the effort of the team forcing Cann to hit pitchers- not Cann.

vCash
    College baseball has a DH though
    It also has dual position players. You know- like Mangum, Gordon, and the other hundreds that do it across the country.