Thread: Cannizaro?????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    And Cann addressed it! Where have you morons missed that?!?
    Didn't miss it, coach quit on the team in the 7th inning by sending 4 pitchers to the plate in a 3 run game with 3 team swings left, I think this team has proven they don't give up with multiple comeback wins and righting the ship after the Arkansas sweep. Look I really hope and think Cannizarro wins many many games and championships here but last night was a coach throwing his team under the bus, on and off the field.It would be more understandable if they were 5-25 or last place in the SEC but that's not the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Didn't miss it, coach quit on the team in the 7th inning by sending 4 pitchers to the plate in a 3 run game with 3 team swings left, I think this team has proven they don't give up with multiple comeback wins and righting the ship after the Arkansas sweep. Look I really hope and think Cannizarro wins many many games and championships here but last night was a coach throwing his team under the bus, on and off the field.It would be more understandable if they were 5-25 or last place in the SEC but that's not the case.
    See that 11 by ur post count.. let's keep it right there..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    See that 11 by ur post count.. let's keep it right there..

He didn't listen Ari as he is at 13 now. I wonder if 13 is an unlucky number?

vCash
    I guess he quit on the season when he kicked off our starting catcher and probable Saturday starter. Marrero was also supposed to be one of the better hitters on the team. I don't know what your issue is but I think everything Canny has done to this point gives him some leeway. The fact is that he thought he needed to do something drastic to get the team's focus back to where it should be. We didn't look like a team that would win another series on Sunday and Tuesday. Unless you are at every practice and team meeting then I doubt you know everything that Canny is taking into consideration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I guess he quit on the season when he kicked off our starting catcher and probable Saturday starter. Marrero was also supposed to be one of the better hitters on the team. I don't know what your issue is but I think everything Canny has done to this point gives him some leeway. The fact is that he thought he needed to do something drastic to get the team's focus back to where it should be. We didn't look like a team that would win another series on Sunday and Tuesday. Unless you are at every practice and team meeting then I doubt you know everything that Canny is taking into consideration.
    Never said he quit on the season, said he quit on the team in that game last night. Never said he is bad coach, said he is learning to be a head coach and for the sake of the dawgs, I hope a really really good one.

vCash
    Never said he quit on the season, said he quit on the team in that game last night. Never said he is bad coach, said he is learning to be a head coach and for the sake of the dawgs, I hope a really really good one.
    You also said, there wasn't a lack of effort except.... Just stop. You made your point. Not very well, but it's been heard or seen...maybe.

vCash
    What he did kicking off Cyr and Marrero should be a lot more impactful to the season than letting a couple of pitchers bat. Jolly has pitch ran and McQuary pinch hit earlier in the year so it isn't like this was the first time he ever did anything like this. Do I think letting Pilk pinch hit is the smartest thing, no but I also don't know all the ins and outs of the team. You never can tell who might have a nagging injury that he is letting rest. In our run to the National Title game most people thought Cohen was a dumbass for not letting Trey Porter hit more. After the season we find out he had some issue with his eyes and it was hard for him to pick up the ball. So most people don't know the whole story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    What he did kicking off Cyr and Marrero should be a lot more impactful to the season than letting a couple of pitchers bat. Jolly has pitch ran and McQuary pinch hit earlier in the year so it isn't like this was the first time he ever did anything like this. Do I think letting Pilk pinch hit is the smartest thing, no but I also don't know all the ins and outs of the team. You never can tell who might have a nagging injury that he is letting rest. In our run to the National Title game most people thought Cohen was a dumbass for not letting Trey Porter hit more. After the season we find out he had some issue with his eyes and it was hard for him to pick up the ball. So most people don't know the whole story.
    I still think it was suspending Mangum that had the most impact. Apparently Cyr was a douchebag based on what I have heard and getting rid of him may have helped from that standpoint because it probably made things more pleasant. But suspending your All-American CF for a rivalry game in Jackson I think got his point across more than anything.

vCash

Are you a member of our baseball team? Well, if not then how do you know if he quit on the team last night. If you weren't in that dugout, you have no clue of what happened other than what you saw on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Are you a member of our baseball team? Well, if not then how do you know if he quit on the team last night. If you weren't in that dugout, you have no clue of what happened other than what you saw on the field.
    Precisely, it's what happened on the field that told me he quit on the game and threw in the towel in the 7th inning of the game down 3-0. Who takes out their leadoff hitter and reigning SEC freshmen of the year who hit over .400 last year and hitting over .350ish this year and inserts a pitcher pinch hitter along with 3 other pitchers who haven't had any or many at bats this year. And don't tell me because of leadoff hitters hand, if that the case then why did he play at all, not to mention other hitters with pitchers and hitters hitting below the Mendoza line. If the score was 10-0 or 15-0. Then maybe you throw in the towel but at 3-0 no way. I get the fact he wanted to make a point or whatever but at the end of the day games are played to be won at this level, not motivate, motivation can come at practice or elsewhere

vCash
    Precisely, it's what happened on the field that told me he quit on the game and threw in the towel in the 7th inning of the game down 3-0. Who takes out their leadoff hitter and reigning SEC freshmen of the year who hit over .400 last year and hitting over .350ish this year and inserts a pitcher pinch hitter along with 3 other pitchers who haven't had any or many at bats this year. And don't tell me because of leadoff hitters hand, if that the case then why did he play at all, not to mention other hitters with pitchers and hitters hitting below the Mendoza line. If the score was 10-0 or 15-0. Then maybe you throw in the towel but at 3-0 no way. I get the fact he wanted to make a point or whatever but at the end of the day games are played to be won at this level, not motivate, motivation can come at practice or elsewhere
    So if he got on them in practice on Monday and then they still were unfocused during the game, he should wait to do something about it until the next practice? Some guys won't take it seriously unless their are real repercussions like losing game time. You don't know what he did before trying to motivate them. I seriously doubt he just decided the first time someone didn't run out of the batters box to pull them. He obviously was seeing a trend he didn't like and decided to fix it before the back half of SEC play.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    He didn't quit on shit. You're ****ing lost.