Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
Like you, I have and want no inside information, in fact the less the better cause that's where mostly rumors and BS start. If and that's a big if somethung happened in the dugout verbally, attitude wise etc...then yeah sit em, but that's not what was reported, it was stated there were effort issues, I watched the game and I like many of you am a true baseball fan not the casual get me out of the house guy, I like to watch the details of the game and all of its intracacies/strategies.I don't miss a pitch, there was only one physical effortless play I saw, 3rd pitch strike in dirt, runner did not run, ball bounced 2 to 3 feet away from catcher and he was tagged out. All runners hustled, fielder's hustled and all ground balls were run out. Maybe Cann was frustrated with the results of the game score at the time and decided it was lack of effort, I don't know and won't speculate. But not hitting is a lack of effort, it is a result of missing pitches, it happens everyday in every game. If it was an attitude issue in the dugout then line em up kick em in the a$$ and sit em.
It's not effort, it's focus. Lock the hell in and get a job done.