Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
Precisely, it's what happened on the field that told me he quit on the game and threw in the towel in the 7th inning of the game down 3-0. Who takes out their leadoff hitter and reigning SEC freshmen of the year who hit over .400 last year and hitting over .350ish this year and inserts a pitcher pinch hitter along with 3 other pitchers who haven't had any or many at bats this year. And don't tell me because of leadoff hitters hand, if that the case then why did he play at all, not to mention other hitters with pitchers and hitters hitting below the Mendoza line. If the score was 10-0 or 15-0. Then maybe you throw in the towel but at 3-0 no way. I get the fact he wanted to make a point or whatever but at the end of the day games are played to be won at this level, not motivate, motivation can come at practice or elsewhere
So if he got on them in practice on Monday and then they still were unfocused during the game, he should wait to do something about it until the next practice? Some guys won't take it seriously unless their are real repercussions like losing game time. You don't know what he did before trying to motivate them. I seriously doubt he just decided the first time someone didn't run out of the batters box to pull them. He obviously was seeing a trend he didn't like and decided to fix it before the back half of SEC play.