Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 211

Thread: Cannizaro?????

  1. #81
    Senior Member TNDawg35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    415
    vCash
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Braves used to use Glavine as PH and Maddux and Smoltz as Pinch Runners regularly.
    Shit! Maddux used to be one of the best, if not the best hitting pitcher in the NL... He could hit a bomb off you in a heart beat!

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Braves used to use Glavine as PH and Maddux and Smoltz as Pinch Runners regularly.
    Braves also have a farm system to call upon in the event of injuries, who we gonna call.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Gutter Cobreh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    472
    vCash
    1175
    I've come to the conclusion that we have a lot of female politicians that are going through menopause posting to this site!! There is simply no other explanation for amount of double talk or hormonal imbalance seen from the same posters day in and day out.

    One day Cann is the best coach, then the next he sucks because he PH using a couple of pitchers. For the love of all that is holy, it was one game in a long season with a lot of ball left to play. While this is his first season, I do think he has earned the ability to manage the team and subsequently the ability to do as he pleases in regards to personnel.

    My only saving grace is that there seems to be a general consensus among everyone that Hev still sucks at recruiting. If he ever leaves and we lose that commonality, we're doomed!!!!

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We quit. That did happen.

    Comparing MLB to this just dumb though... how many times you seen an MLB team PH their best starter and closer with 2 hitters on the bench?
    Agreed, we quit, plain and simple. Not acceptable.

  5. #85
    Denver Airport Director
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,326
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Agreed, we quit, plain and simple. Not acceptable.
    And Cann addressed it! Where have you morons missed that?!?

  6. #86
    Senior Member sleepy dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,686
    vCash
    2475108
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    heck even the USA fans were pissed, some didn't feel like they got to see our real team and felt their victory was watered down. Embarrassment to the university, the team and to the fans.
    First off, f*ck USA and what they think. That is completely irrelevant and doesn't even deserved to be mentioned. As a matter of fact, I want the opposing team be pissed. But, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that USA wasn't pissed, they will probably take the win just like we would if we could.

    Second, an embarrassment to the university, the team, and the fans?... No. Lose a game to them in football and its embarrassing to the university, team, and the fans. Last night might have sucked, but we'll get over it.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Tbonewannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,530
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Ok so now I am ignorant. If that makes us win then by all means let the pitchers hit then. Something tells me there is a reason their mostly pitching and not hitting on a regular basis. And based on our record and tied for 2nd in the SEC I would say we have been winning. I understand your point but we will have to agree to disagree. Team has no wiggle room for another unnecessary injury if they can avoid it, especially to our Friday night guy. Unless he gets hit by a meteor of course ha ha! Then we all have bigger fish to fry.
    We didn't have the wiggle room to throw Cyr and Marrero off the team either. I don't see people regularly bitching about that. Canny felt he needed to lose depth to get the team where he wanted it. Maybe he thought it was important to show that he was willing to let the guys who want it the most to play. We don't know what would happen if he didn't sit people down. I will say that after we wrapped up the USCe series, on Sunday we looked like shit against their worst starter. Then we turned around and looked like shit against South Alabama. Canny has shown he doesn't put up with shitty effort but sometimes players have to be reminded. He can do whatever he wants in practice but it doesn't carry the same weight as doing it in a game.

  8. #88
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,596
    vCash
    500
    Not only did Cann address the situation with the players, NO ONE GOT HURT!

    Stop the madness and move on!

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    And Cann addressed it! Where have you morons missed that?!?
    Didn't miss it, coach quit on the team in the 7th inning by sending 4 pitchers to the plate in a 3 run game with 3 team swings left, I think this team has proven they don't give up with multiple comeback wins and righting the ship after the Arkansas sweep. Look I really hope and think Cannizarro wins many many games and championships here but last night was a coach throwing his team under the bus, on and off the field.It would be more understandable if they were 5-25 or last place in the SEC but that's not the case.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Ari Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    576
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Didn't miss it, coach quit on the team in the 7th inning by sending 4 pitchers to the plate in a 3 run game with 3 team swings left, I think this team has proven they don't give up with multiple comeback wins and righting the ship after the Arkansas sweep. Look I really hope and think Cannizarro wins many many games and championships here but last night was a coach throwing his team under the bus, on and off the field.It would be more understandable if they were 5-25 or last place in the SEC but that's not the case.
    See that 11 by ur post count.. let's keep it right there..

  11. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Shit! Maddux used to be one of the best, if not the best hitting pitcher in the NL... He could hit a bomb off you in a heart beat!
    Then why didn't he hit on his non pitching days as well? Other players were better hitters overall, that's why.

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,172
    vCash
    600
    Coach, I'm not going to class today. As a matter of fact, I'm staying in bed. Scared if I get up I might twist an ankle.

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    We didn't have the wiggle room to throw Cyr and Marrero off the team either. I don't see people regularly bitching about that. Canny felt he needed to lose depth to get the team where he wanted it. Maybe he thought it was important to show that he was willing to let the guys who want it the most to play. We don't know what would happen if he didn't sit people down. I will say that after we wrapped up the USCe series, on Sunday we looked like shit against their worst starter. Then we turned around and looked like shit against South Alabama. Canny has shown he doesn't put up with shitty effort but sometimes players have to be reminded. He can do whatever he wants in practice but it doesn't carry the same weight as doing it in a game.
    Their worst starter will go in the top 50 of the MLB draft along with their Friday and Saturday starter. We took 2 out of 3 from them at their place and was in a 1-1 tie with them in the 8th inning on Sunday.

  14. #94
    Senior Member Tbonewannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,530
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Didn't miss it, coach quit on the team in the 7th inning by sending 4 pitchers to the plate in a 3 run game with 3 team swings left, I think this team has proven they don't give up with multiple comeback wins and righting the ship after the Arkansas sweep. Look I really hope and think Cannizarro wins many many games and championships here but last night was a coach throwing his team under the bus, on and off the field.It would be more understandable if they were 5-25 or last place in the SEC but that's not the case.
    I guess he quit on the season when he kicked off our starting catcher and probable Saturday starter. Marrero was also supposed to be one of the better hitters on the team. I don't know what your issue is but I think everything Canny has done to this point gives him some leeway. The fact is that he thought he needed to do something drastic to get the team's focus back to where it should be. We didn't look like a team that would win another series on Sunday and Tuesday. Unless you are at every practice and team meeting then I doubt you know everything that Canny is taking into consideration.

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    561
    vCash
    10
    It's a damn shame we can't pinch hit for Dawgpatrol. He needs to sit. One of you guys take a chance on a pulling a hammy and take over this thing.

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Coach, I'm not going to class today. As a matter of fact, I'm staying in bed. Scared if I get up I might twist an ankle.
    Got nothing to do with twisted ankles everything to do with your Friday night guy getting plunked on the hand and breaking finger/s in an at bat for no apparent benefit. No need to take that risk for no benefit. You say it can't happen, ask our 2nd baseman how his hand is doing.

  17. #97
    Senior Member yjnkdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    See that 11 by ur post count.. let's keep it right there..

    He didn't listen Ari as he is at 13 now. I wonder if 13 is an unlucky number?

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I guess he quit on the season when he kicked off our starting catcher and probable Saturday starter. Marrero was also supposed to be one of the better hitters on the team. I don't know what your issue is but I think everything Canny has done to this point gives him some leeway. The fact is that he thought he needed to do something drastic to get the team's focus back to where it should be. We didn't look like a team that would win another series on Sunday and Tuesday. Unless you are at every practice and team meeting then I doubt you know everything that Canny is taking into consideration.
    Never said he quit on the season, said he quit on the team in that game last night. Never said he is bad coach, said he is learning to be a head coach and for the sake of the dawgs, I hope a really really good one.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,652
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Never said he quit on the season, said he quit on the team in that game last night. Never said he is bad coach, said he is learning to be a head coach and for the sake of the dawgs, I hope a really really good one.
    You also said, there wasn't a lack of effort except.... Just stop. You made your point. Not very well, but it's been heard or seen...maybe.

  20. #100
    Senior Member yjnkdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Ok, I never post anything (normally just get on board to find info about our baseball team, scores etc) but after that debacle last night by our head baseball coach I could'nt just sit back and not question a whole lot of decisions on his part. First off, why in the world would you put 4 pitchers in a batters box to get potentially injured when the staff is already devastated with injury. Much less your Friday night starter and your closer, I wonder what our judgement of his coaching ability would be like this morning had Pilkington taken a pitch off his hand and broke a couple of fingers,. Bar none one of the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever witnessed by a head coach at such a high level of baseball. And please don't say probably won't happen, I was at the game and watched Spencer bust his rear end trying to round 1st, one mistep from pulling hammy etc.
    Secondly, It was embarrassing watching our head coach give up on a game in the 7th inning down only 3-0, especially with this team, you know the one that has proven over the course of this year that they will play to the end and have many and multiple comeback wins under their belt. And don't say he didn't throw in the towel, when you pull the crap he did last night in the 7th inning with 3 more team at bats awaiting and putting in pitchers to hit with Gordon and lovelady not in the game. As a coach and player you are taught to never ever give up and play every out till the end, our coach sent a message tonight alright, he told his team I will give up on you and I will throw your butt under the bus on media as well. Great message to a team that is in second place in the best conference in baseball with only 22 players or so healthy.
    Third: he may or may not be a great coach, only time will tell but he is getting way to much credit for what has been done so far, last time I checked players play and coaches mostly watch, I haven't seen any coach pitch or hit this year, the players have. In the words of legendary coach Bobby Cox when asked how many games a coach influences throughout a year, he said about 3, the other 159 are up to the players.
    I attended the game last night and I can assure you there was no lack of hustle or effort on the players part as a whole, had one incident where player did not run after 3rd strike. Plus coach owes it to the fan base to put a competitive team and players in correct positions. Some people that live on the coast only get to see their team play once a year and they got cheated last night by their head coach conceeding a game. heck even the USA fans were pissed, some didn't feel like they got to see our real team and felt their victory was watered down. Embarrassment to the university, the team and to the fans.
    I realize he is a 1st year head coach and all and I hope he can learn from his mistakes but was truly a sh$t show by a coach last night!!!!
    Well you just joined this month. So I doubt you would have a 100+ posts. So coaching doesn't matter? Where do you think our team would be after the ARK sweep, if Cann had not taken the actions he did. Probably sitting at the bottom of the SEC? And the job that Cann and Henderson have done with a decimated pitching staff is remarkable. And midweek loses do happen. ask Fl or any other major college baseball school. If Cann needs to do something to keep the train from jumping off the track, I'm all for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.