Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
None of us know whats going on in that dugout or on the practice field. Heck he could've challenged his guys in the dugout last night and they didn't respond the way he wanted. Been in the same position, challenge a player and he doesn't compete like you want so you sit his butt and you keep running people out there until you find someone who will. Appears that's what happened last night. Cannizaro, Henderson and the rest of the staff are the reason this season hasn't fallen apart. I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and trust his judgement on doing what's best for the team, seeing as how he's the only one who knows the whole picture.
This is more than likely the correct answer. I doubt Canny just randomly chose to send out our Ace to hit just for shits and giggles. There has been meltdowns on this and other boards over things like Trey Porter not playing every day and then after the season you learn they are battling an injury. Dak not running as much was another one and then we find out they kept quiet his broken ribs from a car accident. Most of the coaches at this level aren't total morons.