Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
I trust that Cann had a very good reason for doing what he did since I'm not at practice and I'm guessing odds are you aren't as well.

I don't think he just put pitchers in the game just to be an ass. I don't think people realize how thin we are in the field as well.

We have two catchers.
We really only have six-seven guys that can play on the infield. Gordon is one of those and we have to pitch him because of our pitching depth issues. Bragg is another and his effort is among the worst on the team. Cody Brown can play the infield but that's about it.
We have five-six outfielders- Poole, MacNamee, and Vansau have all played similarly although MacNamee probably should start and two of those almost have to start every game. Blaylock has struggled a lot.

I think if he had more options as far as position players go he would have put them in but we don't so...
Totally agree. Obviously some posters never played for a coach like Cann and some never played sports.

Baseball has streaks, we've been able to overachieve all year with effort, last night was no effort for the most part. I expect to see a different attitude Thursday, folks forget Cann and Henderson didn't recruit any of the players.

I also expect to see a few players transferring next year as well.