Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
I appreciate your assesment and I get what others are trying to say here, but this is Division 1 big time baseball, we, nor anyone should ever concede a 3 run game, if it was well out of reach maybe 10 run deficit etc... Then maybe we rest some people etc... But when did it become to ok to stop trying to win a 3 run game with 3 innings to go. And with all due respect most on this board are ok with it but some are not including some who don't post on any boards. When is ok to do it again maybe next tues etc... Point is it's never ok to concede the game that is that close unless something REALLY, REALLY. goes haywire. Again, not trying to be a jerk, but tell me another time this year we sent 4 pitchers to the plate down 3 in the 7th. So that stategy has never been deployed.

NOTE: just conversing here not trying to create conflict sometimes that don't get conveyed via typing.
No worries. And to answer your question when is it okay to do what he did, it depends on the makeup of the team (young vs veteran, maturity, etc...). It's much more important to Cann to lay a foundation and set expectations as to what he will demand than to win a midweek game that will not affect our host chances either way.