Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In a weird twist- Aaron Hernandez dead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I'm not a criminal lawyer so this is just speculation from a comment elsewhere I read, but his lawyers filed an appeal on the murder conviction last week. Since he died with the case under appeal, it could result in the patriots having to honor the guaranteed money in his contract, which would mean a windfall for his family. If that's even a possibility, I'm sure there will be a lengthy legal battle. But maybe that factored into his decision to off himself now.
    I wouldn't think so. It may be under appeal, but the official verdict is guilty as hell and that is still the decision of record. You can appeal anything, but your ass is still going to be serving the sentence handed down while under appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I wouldn't think so. It may be under appeal, but the official verdict is guilty as hell and that is still the decision of record. You can appeal anything, but your ass is still going to be serving the sentence handed down while under appeal.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-conviction/

There's gonna be a legal battle over that money is all I'm saying

vCash
    he went in as a Tight end but the Warden moved him to wide recvr and he just couldn't handle the change in position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Just goes to show how hard it is to get away from that gang culture.
    I don't think he grew up around gang culture. It seems he was a wannabe gangster and sought it out.

From a Dan Wetzel article:
    Hernandez grew up in a two-parent home until his father's death when he was 16. The home sits on a hill in Bristol, basketball hoop in the drive way, fence out front, small yard the boys had to mow and rake as the seasons came and went. The kids would lift weights in the basement and run gassers up the hill, preparing for the big-time. Around the corner is where Shayanna grew up, elementary school classmates and an on-again, off-again couple since junior high.

And yet when he got out of the University of Florida, he decided to pal up with Bradley, an East Hartford (Conn.) marijuana trafficker. When Hernandez made it to the NFL he decided to befriend the street life. Hernandez?s story is the strangest of them all. He wasn't dragged back down by his hometown or old gang ties or anything like it ? he sought it out. Bradley and his friends used to mock him for his cushy upbringing and comparatively quiet hometown, best known as the home of ESPN.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-h...143616551.html

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    @NFL: Aaron Hernandez out indefinitely with a neck injury**

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    I don't think he grew up around gang culture. It seems he was a wannabe gangster and sought it out.

From a Dan Wetzel article:
    Hernandez grew up in a two-parent home until his father's death when he was 16.
    his friends used to mock him for his cushy upbringing and comparatively quiet hometown

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-h...143616551.html
    Unfortunately, missing father figure and "peer pressure" aren't unique to him.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    @NFL: Aaron Hernandez out indefinitely with a neck injury**
    The guy just can't stop killing people **

vCash
    guess i can't pick him on my fantasy team anymore

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Guy was a total shitbag. Apologies to the bedsheets that had to participate but thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    supposedly committed suicide in jail. Odd he would do that after winning his last trial just a few days ago.
    Not a lawyer, but Reddit had this to say... from u/sues2nd

Not sure if this has been explained yet but...
    So out here in Boston there is a local sports talk radio show called Toucher & Rich. Last hour they had on a law professor and a lawyer to explain what's going on and why he probably did it.
    Because his murder conviction is in appeal, and his recent gun charge will go into appeal...now that he is dead, those appeals cannot be heard and those convictions will be vacated. And while this doesn't help with the civil suits his family/estate will face from the victims families, it does make it so that officially Aaron Hernandez does not have any convictions under his name.
    Now what that means in the grand scheme of things is his family is now technically entitled to his NFL pension, his signing bonus and any other money the Patriots owe him. I'm sure they will fight it but it gives the family a leg to stand on.
    This happened in the case of the Catholic Priest that touched all those kids. Father Goggins I think his name was. Convicted, appealed, offed himself and they vacated the convictions. The families still were able to bring civil charges but he officially never got convicted.
    TL;DR - Hernandez convictions will be vacated now, he is no longer a felon and is owed his nfl pension, his signing bonus and more money that will all technically go to his family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    Not a lawyer, but Reddit had this to say... from u/sues2nd

Not sure if this has been explained yet but...
    So out here in Boston there is a local sports talk radio show called Toucher & Rich. Last hour they had on a law professor and a lawyer to explain what's going on and why he probably did it.
    Because his murder conviction is in appeal, and his recent gun charge will go into appeal...now that he is dead, those appeals cannot be heard and those convictions will be vacated. And while this doesn't help with the civil suits his family/estate will face from the victims families, it does make it so that officially Aaron Hernandez does not have any convictions under his name.
    Now what that means in the grand scheme of things is his family is now technically entitled to his NFL pension, his signing bonus and any other money the Patriots owe him. I'm sure they will fight it but it gives the family a leg to stand on.
    This happened in the case of the Catholic Priest that touched all those kids. Father Goggins I think his name was. Convicted, appealed, offed himself and they vacated the convictions. The families still were able to bring civil charges but he officially never got convicted.
    TL;DR - Hernandez convictions will be vacated now, he is no longer a felon and is owed his nfl pension, his signing bonus and more money that will all technically go to his family.
    You nailed it brother! Conviction is vacated. He knew exactly what he was doing and all his buddies saying he would never commit suicide are wrong! He waited until this case was over and he was acquitted and the appeal was filed. The story is tragic for all the victims involved but Hernandez was scum. Smh

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Unfortunately, missing father figure and "peer pressure" aren't unique to him.
    Unique to him? The missing father doesn't even apply to him. His dad was around until less than 2 years before he was legally an adult.

It sounds like he actively sought out the wrong crowd even in high school. Guys with privileged upbringing typically have no problem finding friends that are cut from the same cloth. The fact that he was hanging out with the types of folks that make fun of those people proves that he sought them out intentionally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Unique to him? The missing father doesn't even apply to him. His dad was around until less than 2 years before he was legally an adult.

It sounds like he actively sought out the wrong crowd even in high school. Guys with privileged upbringing typically have no problem finding friends that are cut from the same cloth. The fact that he was hanging out with the types of folks that make fun of those people proves that he sought them out intentionally.
    A lot of Americans idolize gang culture. How popular is Scarface? Just look at most rap and they are talking about making those stacks. It is getting everywhere also. Mississippi is getting pretty bad. Just like the story of that girl that was burned to death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    The last two days have been good, rid the earth of two coward scumbags.
    Wow. Maybe I'm a coward because this doesn't make me want to celebrate.

vCash

So let me get this straight. He's acquitted for the double murder that he killed...

the guy that he is serving a life sentence for to keep him from ratting on him for the double murder? Am I right? And then he takes the easy way out and kills himself? Saved the tax payers a few hundred thousand over the next 40 years tho.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    the guy that he is serving a life sentence for to keep him from ratting on him for the double murder? Am I right? And then he takes the easy way out and kills himself? Saved the tax payers a few hundred thousand over the next 40 years tho.
    Correct. May cost the Patriots a shit ton though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You nailed it brother! Conviction is vacated. He knew exactly what he was doing and all his buddies saying he would never commit suicide are wrong! He waited until this case was over and he was acquitted and the appeal was filed. The story is tragic for all the victims involved but Hernandez was scum. Smh
    My question is this. Let's forget the fact that he killed a guy, was convicted of murder, and was put on trial and acquitted of 2 other murders before the suicide. Let's say just for the sake of argument that he just up and killed himself 2 days after signing the $40 million contract. Would his family still be entitled to the guaranteed money and NFL pension under those circumstances? I'm thinking there's no way in hell that any NFL team's attorneys would be dumb enough to not include contingencies for nullified terms in the event of a suicide (that is SOP for beneficiaries of any legal contract, especially life insurance policies). If the family doesn't get any money under that alternative scenario, what makes this any different? He still killed himself.

vCash
    Ray Lewis laughs all the way to the bank after pontificating on ESPN...