Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: South Alabama Baseball Game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    There were a couple of posters that said that, but not many. Personally, I wanted him to DH more.
    I agree. I think if you play Bragg it probably is best at DH.

vCash
    I hope that we weren't ready to play. It may be that we just can't hit the baseball. Mangum and Rooker had an off night on the same night and it got ugly.
    Honestly, I think this was...

We're on the road at place we didn't want to be playing a game we didn't want to be at. Our guys were checked out mentally tonight. You then compound it by a thin roster and you get what we got tonight.

And that's unacceptable. But I think Cann will take care of it and I'm looking forward to us playing very well this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Honestly, I think this was...

We're on the road at place we didn't want to be playing a game we didn't want to be at. Our guys were checked out mentally tonight. You then compound it by a thin roster and you get what we got tonight.

And that's unacceptable. But I think Cann will take care of it and I'm looking forward to us playing very well this weekend.
    If it was anyone besides Bama coming in this weekend I would not like our chances. We're not a good hitting ballclub the last few games. Someone besides Rooker has to step up...looking at you bottom of the lineup.

vCash
    There were a couple of posters that said that, but not many. Personally, I wanted him to DH more.
    For this year, that should absolutely be his role. Work on fielding in off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    But I heard Bragg was better option than Belmont
    Belmont is 4/27 the last 7 games- thats .148. My Grandmother is a better option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Belmont is 4/27 the last 7 games- thats .148. My Grandmother is a better option
    If your grandmother can play the hot corner, put her ass in. Or maybe she could DH for Belmont
    Last edited by Coldsleeve Jr.; 04-18-2017 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    If it was anyone besides Bama coming in this weekend I would not like our chances. We're not a good hitting ballclub the last few games. Someone besides Rooker has to step up...looking at you bottom of the lineup.
    That's true but South Carolina has a really, really good pitching staff too. Clark Schmidt and Will Crowe are both rated top 50 draft prospects by MLB.com. I didn't like our chances there because of that and it being on the road. But fortunately we won two. My guess is looking at the stats for some of the pitching staffs coming up we'll see some improvement. Nonetheless you are correct, others have to step up.

Like I said I think tonight our guys couldn't get themselves up and just didn't perform at the plate. Which is unacceptable. And I think it's just a matter of going back to basics.