Thread: WR transfer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    I don't really agree with the move to bring in a transfer.

You get a one year merc who will take valuable experience from young guys like Todd and Couch. What does it say about our recruiting and coaching if a guy can come in and beat out all our guys with just one summer and fall camp? Usually transfers don't really help that much anyway.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

You get a one year merc who will take valuable experience from young guys like Todd and Couch. What does it say about our recruiting and coaching if a guy can come in and beat out all our guys with just one summer and fall camp? Usually transfers don't really help that much anyway.
    Depends on whether or not it's a grad transfer. A regular transfer wouldnt be able to play this year anyway.

Banned
    vCash

Is this a serious post?

What possible reason could there be for us to NOT be always trying to improve the talent on the roster? Especially when we only are gonna have, at most, 79 guys on scholarship when fall camp starts as of right now?

vCash

Couch and Todd are not good enough to win football games for us this Fall. We need a ready to play transfer. College players understand it's a competition every day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Couch and Todd are not good enough to win football games for us this Fall. We need a ready to play transfer. College players understand it's a competition every day.
    Unless they make some big jump over the summer, they look about another year away from being a good SEC WR. Couch looks the part but he didn't show it in the spring game. Our DBs pretty much dominated those 2. Todd looks like he needs another year in the weight room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I think we're a day late and a dollar short. There have been some viable transfers but we didn't get in the game. Should be no surprise to anyone that has followed recruiting the past 8 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I think we're a day late and a dollar short. There have been some viable transfers but we didn't get in the game. Should be no surprise to anyone that has followed recruiting the past 8 years.
    Mullen seems to have changed some things so hopefully we are going in the right direction with recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Mullen seems to have changed some things so hopefully we are going in the right direction with recruiting.
    I agree with that. I'm just very upset with our roster at the WR position. It's going to hold this team back.

vCash

I tend to agree but if is a one time deal to bridge us until our young guys get better I am good with it.

vCash

It says that our WR recruiting has been the suck, which has seemed pretty obvious. We have some guys that could end up good, but we don't have enough good WR ready to play this year. If we can get a one year player that can make us better this year, of course we should take him.